Buying Bitcoin in Taiwan

Wow just got a reply from them. The solution offered makes me sound like a money launderer. Really not sure if I should even post this excerpt:

Here’s the beginning excerpt:
Haven’t posted the whole thing because idk if I should.

Let’s be clear I’m only jumping through these hoops because they are saying they aren’t willing to do business with USA nationals. I’m willing to do KYC verification. But if they insist they want to close my account, I’d prefer they change these details saying I’m not willing to do KYC because I am willing, and I’m not laundering anything but clothes, but just worried any pushback will have them just keep my bitcoin. Surely there are lots of other Americans here in the same situation?

Also, at the end, it says the Chinese part is binding, but of course they didn’t send the Chinese part.

Icing on the cake is the part where I hand write my other bitcoin address to send to. I’m sure we’ve all seen cases where our handwritten letters are mistaken as other things. I’d actually just prefer a transfer to my already linked bank account.

@Marco I’ve always thought your push for dual nationality was kind of too far-fetched to be plausible. I was treating things as “deal with little issues as they come” because big change isn’t possible.

Mainly my issue with dual nationality was how can we assure Taiwanese that Chinese aren’t gaming the system and thus affecting voting counts in local elections. Not sure if there’s a solution there. But starting to see dual-nationality as the only way. Surely there is some way to keep any conniving Chinese influence out while still getting our more legitimately interested voices in?

1 Like