Buying crypto as a US citizen in Taiwan

I’m looking to buy some crypto with my hard earned salary in Taiwan. I looked at Maicoin and Bitpanda, and both say, US citizens are not allowed! What! It’s not like I’m not paying taxes on both the salary and the capital gains, not that any local Taiwanese I know is paying capital gain taxes on crypto anyways, I know at least one Taiwanese crypto millionaire who paid $0 in capital gains and has no interest in paying any… but I digress.

What’s the best way to buy Crypto with my TWD (that I’ve paid taxes on)? Do I need to convert it to USD and wire it back to the states?

If you think crypto isnt corrupt as fuck, good luck…

In what sense?

Stacking the game. Decentralized has perks, but having zero accountability and source is equally as risky. Bitcoins hyper value inflation is kind of a good point to use with super rich entities being.able to make dollars turn into tens of thousands based on supply and demand. Not saying its worse than current systems, but is still manipulated just like every other currency.

And yes i get the point comparing.it to dollars isnt whatever. But truth be told, it isnt at all easy to buy common goods with currently, especially given how many different ones there are. When i can buy a house, car, groceries and.pay taxes with non government controlled crypto, i am all ears. Until then, its in its infancy and will be controlled just like everything else people touch.

You could try Binance or Bitstamp.

https://ace.io might be another one to try.

edit: unfortunately, it looks like “America” is in the bad list there too.

edit2: ha! check out the list of countries in Asia for additional amusement.

1 Like