Buying iPhone in Taiwan and using it abroad later?

So, seems like I am moving to Taiwan! I am looking to get a new iPhone 14 Pro but seems like it will be released here in Europe only on October, after I will arrive in Taiwan. So I am thinking about getting it there. A couple of questions tho:

1. How does price works in Taiwan? Is the sticker price the final price or is tax not included? If so, how much is the tax rate?
  2. When I return to Europe, will I be able to use the phone still? Do you know if the warranty covers worldwide?

Prices are tax included.

iPhones are pretty good for compatibility.

1 Like

Apple seems to restrict the warranty to the country of purchase (except for the EU: Here, an iPhone purchased in any EU country should have warranty in any other EU country).

2 Likes

Good to know!

I took an iphone 4 that was bought in Taiwan and they works fine in the states… they work fine in Germany too.

iPhone 4s are 10 years old. They don’t support 4G

iPhones pretty much work everywhere. I’ve never had a problem with one bought here and using it anywhere else I’ve been to. There is an issue with the Apple Watch 7 and compatibility in certain countries. The Apple Watch SE cellular has much greater country compatibility.

Bought my IPhone two years ago in Taiwan, no issues in using it in Europe at all. Works well.

Look at the model # when you buy it and then scan this website.
There have been issues of buying an iPhone in Taiwan and then taking it back to a region that the model # does not connect properly to LTE or 5G (according to link below). Not everything is rosy for iPhones anymore.
Just look at iPhone 14 Pro. Different model #s for different regions.

1 Like

Beware the US edition. No SIM card. Companies boiling the frogs in the US to try to condition them to hand over more corporate control with eSIM.

1 Like

I think there are some providers in the US that uses CDMA or something, and those will have compatibility problems, but as far as I know Apple made them dual band now.

But all the major providers in the US, AT&T and T mobile all use GSM.

In theory yes - but the link @KHHville posted shows that there are still differences in supported frequency bands. The phone will still work then, but you might not have service in areas where the only frequency band available is one not supported by your phone!

I actually like the eSim: No more changing SIM cards when traveling!

2 Likes