California ... a failed state

Democrats have lost control of the nation’s borders, cities, finances, and airspace.

Mead attempted to report the incident to the Police Department in Oakland, where some city services have ground nearly to a halt because of a cyberattack that has prompted a local state of emergency.

“As of [Friday], I still have not been able to file a police report,” Mead said, acknowledging the issues the department and city had been facing.

“I’ve called so many times, I went in person,” Mead said. “I even called 911, which I didn’t want to do because I was like, ‘It’s not an emergency and I don’t want to take resources away from emergencies.’”

At a meeting for the Bicyclist and Pedestrian Advisory Commission held Thursday night, Mead said she was told by an OPD officer that “this can’t really be a priority for us” and “Oakland is just a really violent place.”

2 Likes

Garage is full of furniture that was upstairs and a 35 year old car worth 500 dollars is inside too

Brother is attached to that piece of junk and I can’t leave that in the street as it’s unlicensed and also it leaks like a sieve And it’s his house I’m renting so I can’t say shit

The 60000 dollar TT sits outside
But the wife will have trouble driving the thing in and out anyway as there is an inch to spare on either side getting in and out

Good chance a mirror will be knocked off going in and out on a daily basis

1 Like

Just a typical Tuesday in Berkeley…

1 Like

:pouting_cat:

Walmart’s evacuation from Portland was big news here this past week. Local news reported they asked Walmart if rampant shoplifting and non-existent law enforcement were factors and said Walmart refused to comment.

Every week there are reports of another small business shuttering its operations in Portland because they’re under siege by criminals operating with impunity.

3 Likes

The key to buying any home/condo nowadays is to be far enough away from any transit (bus, light-rail, Amtrak, etc.) stop, which lowers one’s chance somewhat of burglary, car window smashing, etc.

1 Like

2 Likes

In Berkeley, even the bums are entitled… :sweat_smile:

Holy crap looks like a mall race war

Mall mob fights have been going on for years in SF. Not necessarily race-related. Well, the perps are usually black, but the victims could be any race, including black. Seems to be a combination of bad parenting and lack of more constructive activities to channel their energy into.

Right but seeing some evidence of it in the footage

Some maybe. I think the security guard probably got attacked because he was a security guard…not necessarily because he’s Asian. Of course it also doesn’t help that he’s not a big dude.

Just a war on the poor, but they knew that.

Rising electricity prices are not a big deal for wealthy Californians who live near the coast and don’t use much air conditioning or heating. They can easily absorb those higher costs. But for low-income Californians, particularly ones living far from the coast and need lots of air conditioning in the summer and electric heat in the winter, it’s an entirely different story. But higher electricity prices are only one aspect of California’s regressive energy policies. Expensive motor fuel also exacts a higher toll on the poor than on the wealthy. Last summer, motorists in the state began paying an additional 3-cent-per-gallon tax on gasoline, a move that made California’s motor fuel even more expensive. Today, according to AAA, motorists in the state are paying an average of $4.83 per gallon for gasoline, which is roughly 40% more than motorists in the rest of the U.S

California never cared for the poor. They want them out of sight, out of mind. Preferably they would leave the state and not bother Hollywood actors or tech company employees.

Fu and your passion lady, it’s more important that some scumbags should be able to steal your shit.

Isn’t California a “Democratic stronghold?”

:thinking: :thinking:

:bellhop_bell: :bellhop_bell: :bellhop_bell:

And TX, where she’s also closing shop?