California weather woes

Saw a tik tok bout a week ago from people near San Bernardino and other areas warning they are trapped in their homes without power and heat and some people are no doubt without their medicines and they were begging for roads to be plowed so they can get out

And lives were going to be lost
Lives are now lost and some roads are plowed only so they can get the dead bodies out

This is California ?? The richest state in the richest country and we plow roads to remote towns only to get the dead out

We are in another wet front today and tomorrow and more snow coming to the mountains

Some places are up to 20 to as much as 50 feet of snow

I posted another article not long ago today describes how the entire Central valley was under feet of water for weeks in about the 1850s I think.

1 Like

Calif needed the rain and snow but not all at once !

Was not long ago like a month ago that a few Central Valley towns had to be evacuated due to massive flooding

It’s southern California. It’s not Tahoe or Mammoth where they have enough plows to dig out multiple feet of snow in hours - they received basically a season’s worth of snow in days. If you want to live in the mountains away from it all, you have to be prepared to be able to fend for yourself for a while (and even in the city - we always had a kit with a week+ of food and water for earthquakes (like is recommended by everyone)).

2 Likes

True that but the authorities need to send help if the situation was calling for it

The situation was dire

But the unincorporated areas relied on authorities not in immediate area who were slow to respond

Responding by plowing roads only to get the dead out is indeed in my book a VERY slow response

Now I know the difference of being in an unincorporated County. I was living in Martinez in an unincorporated area so now I know that means ain’t nobody coming to rescue your ass bro.

It means in plain English GTF OUT before you need help cuz there ain’t no help coming unless you dead bro

What sort of help are you imagining? Sled dog team or something? This is part of the inherent tradeoff when people choose to live away from people - people are far away!

C’mon now. They’re not plowing roads to only get the dead out. They’re plowing roads because that’s what they need to do, and some roads need to be plowed before you can reach other roads so they can be plowed out.

The article mentioned they finally got plows in to get the dead woman out

Maybe that was a coincidence but

Tommy’s Tin hat brigade likes to question everything

I can put a question to any answer

And an answer to any question

May not be a factual answer tho

It’s a mess

In SF.now and we getting typhoon winds and rain

Mammoth 8 days ago

Big trucks and SUV with high ground clearance only

Maybe Subaru with its near 9 inch clearance will be ok

Yup saw some Subaru in the vid

1 Like

And emerald bay froze over first time in decades too

It’s dangerous for Tahoe residents
Snow falling off roofs have smothered people just like an avalanche does

And also roofs may actually collapse from the weight of all that snow ….and more
coming

They pay for the privilege.

Bummer for the working class though but yeah for the rich there they are probably elsewhere right now

We need some sun

1 Like