Campers and Camper Vans Buy/Rent

Little while ago I was asking about ex hospital ambulance vehicles in Taiwan, be perfect for conversion, already have tinted windows curtains and setup for leisure battery.
Tien hospital near me uses VW Caravelle.

Seems to be somewhat standard for hospitals and also for fire departments that have small ambulances type vehicles.

Used ones should be generally in good shape, lower mileage unless old, and maintained.

Looked into that a bit when I was living in a truck in London. They were selling off British Leyland Sherpa’ ambulances with bespoke glassfibre bodies of MUCH higher quality than your average motor caravan.

BUT big-for-the-UK (can’t remember the capacity now) V8 petrol engines, which would have been nice except it was too much performance to be economically insured. Private car, commercial vehicle and motor caravan policies wouldn’t touch them.

Something I may be looking into again.
I was going to go back to UK for a bit until all virus has calmed down and travel in a camper to Eastern Europe.
However with all the crap going on in the UK and parts of Europe possibly not best places to stay at the moment, so looks like I’ll be coming back.
The VW California here is approx 37000nt more than a UK bought new.
However you can buy VW, Mercedes and BMW direct from Germany and they will ship to Taiwan dealerships but without Taiwan dealer costs. Worth looking into if you have the funds.

VW campers have clubs in Taiwan.

Rentals

2 Likes

Is anything like this available in Taiwan?

These portable modules look really interesting. I just want the bedframe part. But seems expensive.

bed-frame-camper-lr4

An example homemade bedframe for a SUV.

1 Like

The link I posted above is very similar - minus the modularness.

Try these guys, the rent and sell small camper conversions at very reasonable prices coolaboola.com.tw
coolaboola.com.tw
A friend pf mine boight a used but well maintained Mitsubishi space gear conversion from them with service records etc for only NT120k.

3 Likes

That’s a good price.

1 Like

It’s not 4WD, but looks good

I really wish this thread had never been created.I don’t need to spend 50萬

1 Like

Ooooh

2 Likes

Those VW are really nice

The T5’s are nice. But cost far more to fix than the T4’s - even in Taiwan.

My wife and I are Canadians who have been living, working and exploring the beautiful island country of Taiwan in our Mitsubishi Delica Camper Van.

We are soon to move to Indonesia and are selling our Mitsubishi Delica Camper Van: Travel Is My Buzz

Would you happen to know anyone who might be interested in buying our van?

Price is negotiable…

Thank you and Safe & Happy Travels,

Greg

===

LINE: mathsgeek

2 Likes