Camping at Sun Moon Lake

Our plans for CNY have just fallen through, so we’re now hurriedly trying to come up with something!

Is it likely that we could just turn up at the campsite during CNY (probably on Sunday or Monday)? I can’t find an email or phone number to get in contact in advance, so if anyone could help out, I’d appreciate it.

Or, if you have some ideas for a cheap, last minute get away, free free to throw them in too!

Thanks,
Louise

[quote=“lou_la”]Our plans for CNY have just fallen through, so we’re now hurriedly trying to come up with something!

Is it likely that we could just turn up at the campsite during CNY (probably on Sunday or Monday)? I can’t find an email or phone number to get in contact in advance, so if anyone could help out, I’d appreciate it.

Or, if you have some ideas for a cheap, last minute get away, free free to throw them in too!

Thanks,
Louise[/quote]

a small group of buds and i went to macau on Air Macau on a 4 day three night thingy. including hotel and roundtrip tickets for bout 200/person. Was great.

I camped at sun moon lake in october.

Very nice, however the owner warned us - on weekends book in advance, I guess that that’s the case during CNY too. Note that you are in the mountains, so it might be a bit chilly.

I think there’s some info in the camping sticky.

[quote=“tommy525”][quote=“lou_la”]Our plans for CNY have just fallen through, so we’re now hurriedly trying to come up with something!

Thanks,
Louise[/quote]

a small group of buds and i went to macau on Air Macau on a 4 day three night thingy. including hotel and roundtrip tickets for bout 200/person. Was great.[/quote]

Was that 200/person for the flight only or hotel too. And what do you mean by “200”? What currency is that? Can you please give more details, I would really appreciate it. It sounds interesting.

A simple review and pictures of the Sun Moon Lake campsite.
Sorry, I don’t have the telephone number, as I misplaced it! Anyway, I hope the map and pictures may be useful.

[quote=“Elephant789”][quote=“tommy525”][quote=“lou_la”]Our plans for CNY have just fallen through, so we’re now hurriedly trying to come up with something!

Thanks,
Louise[/quote]

a small group of buds and i went to macau on Air Macau on a 4 day three night thingy. including hotel and roundtrip tickets for bout 200/person. Was great.[/quote]

Was that 200/person for the flight only or hotel too. And what do you mean by “200”? What currency is that? Can you please give more details, I would really appreciate it. It sounds interesting.[/quote]

200 us dollars for roundtrip flight and hotel , double occupancy per person. Look in the chinese newspapers for Ads on these Air Macau getaways Or call up Air Macau and ask them.

Sounds good but I’m sure the price would surely go up during C.N.Y.

Camping at SunMoon Lake sounds great. Beautiful place indeed.

However, my only concern would be the lack of peace and tranquility over this period, with the fireworks and all.

I understand it’s all part of the celebrations and so on, but really! :help:

Go to the deep deep mountains, you might find peace there. Perhaps camping on the road between Taigang and Smangus?

Sounds good but I’m sure the price would surely go up during C.N.Y.[/quote]

you may be surprised. many dont know bout these deals . we booked quite close to CNY and got a great deal nonetheless

Here’s the number: 049 285 0559

www.rock-camp.com.tw

Sun Moon Lake is going to have a hot spring resort soon (they dug down for the water) and a cable car to the Aboriginal Cultural Village. Should be fine views from the cable car.

But last time I was there megaphone tour groups were walking around annoying every else. When the Chinese start coming to Taiwan in numbers SML’s days are over.