Camping meal

To prepare easy, basic camping meals I usually need quick cooking ingredients: quick pasta (3 minutes cooking time, there are such!), instant soups (powder, not instant noodle soups) , quick oat flakes for breakfast , anything that is light weight, save your time and kitchen gas, and fill in your stomach properly (when I am on bike tour, I am hungry all the time!)
These are product I can easily find in Europe, but what about Taiwan? What should I look for to get products with the same qualities , and where?

And drinking water? Where to look for a water tap to fil the empty bottles while on the road?

Thank you.

[quote=“medicinex”]To prepare easy, basic camping meals I usually need quick cooking ingredients: quick pasta (3 minutes cooking time, there are such!), instant soups (powder, not instant noodle soups) , quick oat flakes for breakfast , anything that is light weight, save your time and kitchen gas, and fill in your stomach properly (when I am on bike tour, I am hungry all the time!)
These are product I can easily find in Europe, but what about Taiwan? What should I look for to get products with the same qualities , and where?

And drinking water? Where to look for a water tap to fil the empty bottles while on the road?

Thank you.[/quote]

7-11?

Maybe…
And maybe you know where to go in Taipei to find Campingaz´ valve cartridges?

campingaz.com/benelux/c-606-cartridges.aspx

Corner of Zhongxiao and Zhongshan road, not too far from Taipei main station … there are a bunch of camping/hiking gear stores.

I wish they sold foil packet tuna in Taiwan. It’s part of the best and easiest camping meal.

Pasta, one packet tuna, dried vegetables, a little olive oil, some seasoning salt and basil.

The dried vegetables can be found here - iherb.com/Just-Tomatoes-Etc- … 12-g/44043 There is an entire thread on here about ordering from this site.

Those gas cylinders are in nearly every camping store and most of the large supermarkets.

Yes, thats right! Here is the evidence!

OP, all you need are cans of oats, beans and a water filter that’s powerful enough to turn piss into water. Bon appetit.

Is this your favorite recipe? Congratulations! Don’t forget to demonstrate it at some of the night markets, and report the success to Guinness Record Book.

Is this your favorite recipe? Congratulations! Don’t forget to demonstrate it at some of the night markets, and report the success to Guinness Record Book.[/quote]

Oh, I’m sorry. I thought you asked about simple meals and where to get water while camping.

[quote=“medicinex”]Maybe…
And maybe you know where to go in Taipei to find Campingaz´ valve cartridges?

campingaz.com/benelux/c-606-cartridges.aspx[/quote]

I have found gas containers (not Campingaz, i think it is a Taiwanese product) 7/16’‘thread in Carrefour. Small ones a’ 75 NTD,

No problem! You can easily find “quick” noodles , 5 minutes, on supermarket shelves, Carrefour has a few sorts of such ones.

Actually, it was a surprise to see that water is not a problem at all for bikers in Taiwan. Practically every house along the roads has a tap or a sink with a tap outside, easy accessible for everyone.

No problem! You can easily find “quick” noodles , 5 minutes, on supermarket shelves, Carrefour has a few sorts of such ones.[/quote]

Even more practical is to buy a plain rice, eider steamed or sticky one, from street restaurants. You can get it ready to eat for take away in a small plastic bag for 20$ a portion