Can a foreigner work for Uber eats?

Update: i followed these steps (took a photo of my arc with my work permit both sides) and finally got accepted after a painstaking process and got lucky that their customer service called me up.

Now they asked me to buy a bag and pass the test which iv already done but its been a week and i still havent gotten my account activated on the app. Iv been messaging their customer help service and still waiting for their confirmation of activation. Hope it goes happens soon. Will update again thanks for the help everyone!

2 Likes

1 chao mifen. 1 jasmine iced tea. Better throw in some five spice peanuts too. Cheers.

General TSO chicken, fried rice, beef and broccoli, and egg drop soup…

1 Like

You don’t have the app either?

You have to pay for that???

1 Like

Well, an easy way to make money for them…

Yep, had to pay for the bag. Any case, been delivering for a week now, gotta say money aint bad especially at peak hours. Now im worried whether this counts in my allowed working permit hours coz i know i can easily do more than 20 hours per week (im on a student visa). Would anyone have any idea on how this works?

I doubt anybody will check how many hours you work if it is part time like that ? Don’t know personally.

They probably can check as all your deliveries are tracked and stored at the Uber server. :wink:

I wonder if there is a monetary limit you can earn as a student, 20 hours doesn’t say much

Wouldn’t worry about the hours, would be more concerned about road accidents. Be careful out there :slight_smile: best of luck.

6 Likes

It looks like someone found a way to:

https://www.instagram.com/theubereatsforeigner/

2 Likes

Do keep up

1 Like

Yea I know him.

But he does have a JFRV. So I don’t know if that changes things.

Registered on UberEATS as bicycle driver. I’m on marriage arc, process was quite easy. Had to buy that green bag and pass test what is actually easy because after first failure they provide all answers… I actually did it for fun with plan to work only night time. Today is my first day, started two hours ago still no request for delivery :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. I’m in center of Taipei City. Been near night market but there is so many drivers hanging around. Now waiting in front of pxmart… maybe more luck…have feeling that Foodpanda is working better

8 Likes

There are some strategies that locals discuss on blogs and can help you get more orders
You can check the following articles (Chinese) and good luck!

https://fin.masscloudbiz.com/uber-eats-get-more-orders/

https://saratrip.com/ubereats-q-a/

1 Like

Thank you. I will try to wait then in front of McDonald’s or fried chicken restaurant. Seems most busy places for late night snack when I’m working.

2 Likes

Why not just a job in McDonalds. Only half joking

1 Like

Wait are McDonald’s paying well here or is that an American thing?

If you are waiting and not getting paid outside McDonalds then…

2 Likes

yes, they pay ~150 an hour for entry level, more for managers and they follow the law when it comes to night shifts and overtime.
its hard work, but considering it requires very low skills the pay is good.

2 Likes