Can a newly enrolled member of NHI receive reimbursement for previous medical expenses?

I didn’t see this post anywhere so sorry in case of redundancy.

I recently got my ARC and enrolled into the NHI. My question is: can I get previous visits to the psychiatrist and doctor reimbursed from when I had to pay all out of pocket? I’ve kept all the receipts from my visits, and I see the same psych doc once a month.

I’ve heard this is the case from a couple coworkers but haven’t found any info about it online.

halp? thanks y’all

anyone know about this?

I’m guessing no one knows about it because that’s not how it is. It would seem to defeat the point of insurance. I remember it wasn’t true in a similar situation.

1 Like

that would make sense. looks like it’s time to bust some heads at work lying scumbags.

thanks tempo.

1 Like

Isn’t it that you can get the fees reimbursed from your first day of employment (before technically having the NHI card)? But I seriously doubt that applies to past fees before having NHI at all - that wouldn’t seem to make much sense.

2 Likes

is that what it is? i’ve had two bills since starting my new job that i paid out of pocket so i hope that’s the case.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that’s the case - you can probably Google “Taiwan NHI reimbursement” or something for the rules. They have English versions of a lot of this stuff.

2 Likes

thanks mate. i’m not good with this stuff. i can live without it now that i have the nhi card and a steady income but a little windfall never hurt anyone.

1 Like

That makes sense.

1 Like

when i figure it out i’ll tab the real solution and post about it. it’s just for the pills that keep me from wanting to walk into traffic and/or curl up in a ball and die- not an “emergent illness” which is what i was reading about on the nhi website. i dunno y’all.

I got insurance shortly after an expensive hospital visit, they told me it was only refundable within a week of service. After that, you’re out of luck.

1 Like

Hospital won’t, but there might be a possibility you could get a reimbursement from NHI.

1 Like

Isn’t it just this?

https://www.nhi.gov.tw/english/Content_List.aspx?n=EB055A67C769EB25&topn=F291245F2CAF56AF

Maybe the easiest thing would just be to go to your closest NHI office with the receipts and ask about reimbursement for the recent receipts.

1 Like