Can AIT Notarize a USPS form 1583?

I’m using a virtual mailbox agent located in the United States, and am required to notarize a USPS form 1583 “Application For Delivery of Mail Through Agent”.
The form requires two forms of id, and both of mine are in Mandarin which adds an extra layer of bother and expense.
I’ve paid through the nose for official translations, but the online notary platforms (Notarize and Notary Cam) won’t accept them without a Mandarin speaker on the call.

To summarize: Does anyone have experience with this process? Did you notarize your USPS form 1583 through AIT?
Mods: feel free to move this post to “living in Taiwan” if you feel that’s more suitable. Muito Obrigado.

I did this but it was many years ago, maybe around 2017. I’ve been using myus.com for a long time but they started requiring this for at some point.

Besides the security theater at AIT (no cell phones etc) it was straight forward.

Awright. Good to hear that it was easy.
I think I’m going for the notarization trifecta tomorrow, form 1583, US Driver’s License, and US diploma.

Make sure you have an appointment or they won’t let you in

Duh. Thanks, Einstein.

You’re welcome. Not everyone knows that and some people try to show up without one. No need to be rude

2 Likes

I hope I don’t have to do this just to order stuff from the US and use a mail forwarder/agent… it would be a pain. I mean shipping is already expensive as hell and tax even more so. I’ve been ordering off of Taobao because it gave me the least amount of trouble (I realize many of you have issues with the EZ Way app) and shipping is very low with almost as good of a selection as Amazon and the like.

AIT. They run that place like a prison.
Job jobbed. Got my driver’s license “authenticated” at the same time.