Can Anyone Tell Me Which Buxibans are the High End Ones?

Shangri-la Buxibans. +15 threads about “good schools” produced few names.
To me, that’s meaningful, helpful data: past regulars never knew, didn’t want to say, or the knowers don’t come to TEIT.

Say Big Byte is still good (I heard likewise, 8yrs ago), though most decline in quality over time, not improve.
If a Shangri-la has an opening - why would they just give it to any random teacher? I wouldn’t.
Worse, now that everyone knows, what’s stopping others from inquiring? Maybe explains their +600/hr, & low % of vets.

Finding answers on your own increases your competitive advantage. Public answers just increase your competition.

Shangri-las aren’t the only path out of TEFL hell.
You say you’re dedicated 100% to teaching. If one can only teach well in a Shangri-la… then how good are they?
Need “high-end” curriculum, pay, support, resources, mgmt, & students to be competent? A bit needy & incompetent.
If you can self-develop skills, handle a few demons, & produce results in average buxiban hell, any Shangri-la will hire you.
In fact, to your students, you may seem like a Shangri-la teacher unto yourself.

And it’s easier to look like a diamond in mud, than when you’re surrounded by stars in a Shangri-la.

Still want a Shangri-la? Like other TEFL problems, develop better problem-solving & search skills. Not asking forum skills.
Think: high-end, schools… locations? Or, notice Big Byte’s locations.
Google a bit, grab a map & resumes, & pound pavement. If you’re competent, I’d target location or residency first, then school. Not vice versa.

Say you scout & visit 20 different schools. A few meet your subjective criteria, most won’t.
The more you see, the more patterns you’ll recognize, the faster you can categorize. Like house hunting. (Or reading TEIT.)
You’ll learn more about buxibans, the market, locations… and make a lot of contacts. If you meet schools’ criteria.
No networking required - you create your own network, if necessary.

More work, but more competitive advantage & reward. Self-starters & go-getters… get ahead. Asking just keeps you behind.