Can China invade Taiwan successfully?

On my flight out of Songshan Airport in early January, I saw a group of young white men with short haircuts and who all had the same duffle bags. They appeared to be the only ones in the check-in area (staff and passengers included) not complying with mask regulations. You can draw your own conclusions. :neutral_face:

Guy

Mormon missionaries?
:man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Could be National Guard units.

2 Likes

National guard :point_up_2:

Marines :point_down:

2 Likes

Go to a City anywhere in the world including Ulan Bator you will find Irish pub, I go on holiday I don’t want to go to a Irish pub, why what’s the allure?

Assholes?

The adjective “undisciplined” came to my mind when I saw the scene.

Guy

65% of South Koreans believe Korea should “help America defend Taiwan.”
42% say the Korean military should provide back support for the US military.
22.5% say the Korean military should participate in American military actions.

Send some male K-pop’ers to Taiwan during their mandatory training. That’ll get some international media attention, if not throngs of girls roaming rural roads in south Taiwan for selfies with their favorites.

:face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

Taiwan Is Retreating From Nuclear Energy. At What Cost? | HuffPost Latest News

Article discusses in some detail about Taiwan’s off and on again relationship with nuclear power. I paste here because premise of article is that without nuclear power Taiwan is more vulnerable to China due to possible interruption of shipping gas and coal to Taiwan. They end article with this…

Two days earlier, on Nov. 21, Japan’s trade ministry had put out a major warning. Virtually every drop of liquefied natural gas expected to hit the global market between now and 2026 was “sold out,” according to the agency’s survey of companies.

That same day, Qatar, a top exporter of natural gas, announced what Bloomberg called “one of the biggest LNG deals ever,” a $60 billion, 27-year contract.
The buyer? China.

The Air, Space & Cyber Conference is the biggest of the year for the Air and Space Forces, filled with star-studded generals, titans of the aerospace industry

:blush: awww, shucks. :wink: [My team met up with Minihan at this event ;)]

1 Like
1 Like

16 posts were split to a new topic: The New US Speaker (May) Visit Taiwan!

Surprised that this thread is still open. It’s been 4 plus years now. So obviously the answer is no.

The topic hasn’t really expired

I still think we’re good to after the election next year, then we’ll see

2 Likes

Yeah, wouldn’t make sense for there to be any big, overt moves made before the 2024 election.

Victory through successfully securing your candidate as the next president is currently a much less risky win condition. I don’t think China wants to expose its branding to risk any more than it has to, what with recent and enduring blowback from HK/Xinjiang/covid issues, observation of the blowback Russia is currently facing by their invasion of Ukraine, and also China being sensitive to any bad PR that could jeopardize current and future BRI deals.

1 Like

Especially with CSG hanging around :sunglasses:

84 posts were split to a new topic: Tucker Carlson Thread