Can China invade Taiwan successfully?

Oh people have fought to preserve the little heritage left. That’s why it is sad if lost.

Will the Taipei mosque be in danger? Will the Tibetan temples? How about the foreigners ’ cementery in Keelung? The problem with a dictatorship is all is forfeit.

1 Like

Surw they could blow the shit out of the cities first.

1 Like

That is similar to what my Taiwanese friends tell me - they didn’t even fire a real gun.

However, history is littered with big superpowers who took on smaller countries…and lost or are losing.

we have a cemetery in Keelung?

There is a tiny graveside for the French there.

3 Likes

Is that related to France’s ill-fated attempt to attack Keelung in the 1880s?

Guy

1 Like

Yes. There is a ceremony there every year by the French office in Taiwan.

1 Like

(U.S. Indo-Pacific commander) Admiral Aquilino said he refuses to speculate on when and if such an invasion would occur, but he said that he has been tasked with two missions: preventing this war from occurring and “if I fail at Mission One to be prepared to fight and win.” He explained that regardless of when such a conflict breaks out, the U.S. armed forces will be “manned, trained, equipped, postured, and ready to execute both of those missions.”

I saw the other video of abc Australia visiting the American forces in the Philippines. That guy leading the forces said they were ready to fight if that’s what it came to.
They are sending a clearer message to China now .

1 Like

If not conventionally then economically, biomedically, technologically, cyberspaciously, digitally and orbitally FIGHT FOR VICTORY!!!

For land and materialism!

And for exclamation points! :grin:

Guy

3 Likes

I think Mokkkie is AI gone haywire.

Good thing @mokkie you didn’t move to Kaohsiung, as you had planned. Who knows how you’d have responded to its usually green political scene. :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

1 Like

SO NICE HERE IN K-TOWN!!!

And in OVER FOUR YEARS of this thread, CHINA HASN’T INVADED EVEN ONCE¡!!!

4 Likes

I haven’t touched ChatGPT yet!

1 Like

I just might land in Taipei!

Glad I do not live in any cities. :slight_smile:

It’s a bit like mark Zuckerberg. He looks ai generated sometimes…

1 Like

Well there really is nothing to worry about, as I myself will be handling all our defense needs in my capacity as, well … https://twitter.com/i/status/1638193750165041152

The problem is Taiwan will NEVER be covered under the US nuclear umbrella.

Poor Mr. Wu got set up and he wasn’t savvy enough to respond appropriately. The only correct response when asked that question should have been “no comment”. Instead he flubbed it and is trying to crawl it back.

Bolton and his buddies came to Taiwan and met with Wu and talked about the US nuclear umbrella. Now whether that was a simple one-off comment or a detailed discussion we don’t know. Then somebody from Bolton’s side leaked it to a reporter. Wu was caught off-guard by the question and instead of refusing to comment or denying the conversation, he answered affirmatively.

This was a horrific blunder and I believe that it has sealed the fate of Taiwan. The message sent to China is not “Oh you better be careful. Don’t mess with Taiwan or you’re going to get nuked”. No. Their take away is going to be that we better hurry this up before it’s too late. That’s not really the message you want to be sending to a threatening nuclear power with the world’s largest military. Is it?

Answer me these questions. Which country turned its back on Taiwan four decades ago? Which country dumped a fledgling democracy, abandoned its principles and embraced a brutal authoritarian regime? Which country told Taiwan that it is an inseparable part of the PRC and that if Taiwan should so much as to even hint that this is not so, then she will suffer serious consequences?

I’m not sure why anybody would have so much faith in the benevolence of the USA. The US does not give two shits about what’s in Taiwan’s best interest. History has clearly demonstrated this time and again. Most Taiwanese that I know fully understand this but for some reason many foreigners in Taiwan don’t seem to get it.

It bears repeating over and over and over again, THE USA IS NOT YOUR FRIEND. And to think otherwise is really very naive.

3 Likes