Can China invade Taiwan successfully?

I’m going to have to search some links, but there have been numerous occasions where NK have embarrassed Beijing. They are clearly not under Chinese control , and are not interested in spilling blood in a war over Taiwan.

The Kim regime enjoys drinking imported whiskey, watching NBA, and sending their kids abroad to study.

You may have overlooked also using a fake passport to try to visit Tokyo Disneyland.

Guy

1 Like

Yeah, and the however many thousands in the inner clique. They have no interest in getting off the gravy train

Sounds like Xi Xinping

I could see this. Lots of shipping companies would comply. I dunno how tho you compel aircraft to divert.
In any case tho, the end result of China taking any action like this is the same eventual escalation, someone getting shot down, US ships arriving, someone firing on someone.

Until they start seizing packages with bombs inside and having the Chinese ship sink.

The counter argument (which i think is ludicrous) has already been given: anything that seems to embarass Beijing is just a ruse to fool the world onto thinking Beijing doesn’t have total control. If someone believes this, it doesnt matter the links you post, that is a mind that can’t be changed

North Korea is a puppet state for China to utilize against the West. Simple. There’s zero reason to keep up the illusion that its not anymore. The world already knows China is the big baddy behind everything since the fall of the soviet union thanks to Covid.

China “speaks” through North Korea, using their launches, nuke tests, assassinations, etc to send clear and direct messages to China’s adversaries / Allied forces.

Anytime you see news about “North Korea did xyz” its always preceded by “Anti-China” or “Pro-Taiwan” policy announcements, new anti-China Alliance formations, Uyghur genocide investigations, etc.

I just don’t think you are correct.

1 Like

A will, as in a nostalgic sense of divsion, yes.

Practical reunification? West and East Germany has nothing on this. Two fundamentally different societies. The cost of "levelling-up"NK would be astrronomical and when it comes down it, something SKs would not be willing to pay.

Yeah I guess if that’s their position there isn’t much to say. We do have academics and think tanks studying nk though

NK was still a semi functioning country before the fall of the USSR. It used to be competitive with SK

But you are right, practically reunification is tough now, but it still has to happen. People shouldn’t be living like that In 2022.

Here is an example of NK embarassing China btw. Running nuclear tests while they held the BRIC summit in Xiamen. Beijing clearly knew nothing about this is.

They have strategically timed the tests for other events like the Belt and Road forum in Beijing, and the Xi-Trump Mar-a-Lago summit.

This article seems to be a complete misreading of the situation – Xi Jinping is making a clearly stated threat on the world stage. He is setting the tone for War should anyone interfere with his Belt Road Initiative. This article does not support the thinking that North Korea is operating independently, and actually does more to tie China and North Korea together.

BRI is not a peaceful trade initiative – it is an aggressive war tactic. The BRI and the Nuke Test in North Korea are effectively the same from a liberal Democracy lens. CCP absolutely intended the timing of the two to coincide – sending a clear message to the West.

ok

The Global Times wrote a criticism of Pyongyang for the test. Was that staged as well?

Yes. As i noted above – the pro-China propaganda takes careful time to say they are always “against North Korea’s tests” and would “smack down any attempt by North Korea to attack China”. It got so ridiculous at one point that even the China Shill Youtubers were repeating scripted comments about how China would defend against North Korean attacks. This is the narrative that China pushes consistently - they want people thinking North Korea is operating independently, and that North Korea even poses a threat to China. Its all for show.

Well they have failed to send a “clear message” through this whole North Korea nuclear test ruining major political events ruse, considering you are the only one who picked up on it

Could be gaslighting. It’s possible. Owner instructs dog to bark at people, dog barks violently at people, owner on leash pretends to tell them to stop.

I think it’s plausible.

GT is not independent. No transparency.

I don’t think that the CCP wanted a conference for the BRICS that they were leading to be interrupted by a North Korea nuclear test that they clearly didn’t know about. It was embarrassing for them and they showed clear embarrassment.

I don’t think it’s plausible, but if you want to subscribe to this conspiracy then sure, go for it.

Wut???

Speaking at a Ministry of Foreign Affairs press conference, Osusky said he wished Slovakia would diplomatically recognize Taiwan but reiterated that the process must be carried out gradually. He pointed out that the EU as a whole is restricted from doing so due to being bound by a “one China” policy framework, CNA reported.

It would be difficult for Slovakia to lead the way in reversing this policy, he said, adding that it can only be done step by step. The general direction of Slovakia’s relations with Taiwan is to support it, Osusky said.

Additionally, the lawmaker praised Lithuania for allowing Taiwan to set up its Taiwanese Representative Office in the capital city of Vilnius, calling it a “heroic act.” He suggested that Taiwan’s office in Slovakia should be relabeled as an embassy instead of a representative office.

Taiwan’s envoy to Slovakia should also be referred to as ambassador and the Taiwan flag should also be displayed in public, Osusky said. If all democratic countries followed suit and jointly stood behind Taiwan, the Chinese Communist Party would not be able to do anything, he remarked.

This. Instead of Taiwan changing its constitution etc, and provoking a war from China, outside forces should make the change. At the moment, even if Taiwan “declared independence”, everyone still has a one-China policy and likely wouldn’t recognize Taiwan, so as to not piss off China. So we need the recognition to come first.