Can foreign businesses sell on PCHome ecommerce website?

Hi! Greetings from Lithuania! Lithuanian government planing to run promotions for our local businesses to use opportunities in Taiwan. Does any of you know if foreign business can sell on PCHome website? Are there any oder websites for home/office decor products? Thanks!

1 Like

Do you work for the Lithuanian government? If so, it seems like this would be something to bring up with your contacts in the Taiwanese government if the intention is to promote trade between the two countries (which I think is the case).

I can see a couple of issues with this if trying to do it yourself (i.e., without government assistance). The first would be registering to pay taxes and import and sell products in Taiwan (as in, I understand you need a local representative entity to do this). The second would be logistics and customs issues at the moment (as in, stuff may take ages to arrive; see also the recent debacle with iHerb and customs, although that’s admittedly for a different class of products - I guess you’d need a local agent for customs stuff anyway).

Thanks Andrew! No I am not talking about government. Although there is a program managed by government that helps to start selling in Taiwan.

We are small manufacturers of high quality wooden home and office decorations. So looking for options offer our products in this market.

Model that we are looking in to is remote sales. So offer products in Taiwan market and after order is placed it will be shipped directly from Lithuania. I know delivery time can be issue, but it is managed I believe.

I am wondering the most if PCHome supports this model. Or maybe there is another platform that does that?

I’ve never used PCHome itself, but based on other services like Shopee and Ruten my suspicion is that it doesn’t (these platforms tend not to be great even for things like foreigners living here or wanting to pay with foreign cards, so I’d be surprised if they allow completely overseas sellers - you’d likely run into issues with receiving payments, issuing receipts (a legal requirement, I believe), and I think registration as a seller may require a legal entity or person here).

Maybe someone else here has a better idea…

Ruten at least has Japanese sellers, and shoppee Chinese. So there might be some experience with foreign sellers. With non-mandarin/non-japanese though… No idea. Hopefully other Forumosans can give first hand info.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Hopefully someone who has experience share it.

I have got things from foreign companies on both of these sites, it’s all in mandarin no english, some of the companies use a local agent, or a Taiwan based reseller.
The more shady resellers don’t declare they are coming from overseas until after you place the order and they give you a 2week delivery time.

Thanks Shaun! Well I am considering two options - hire person who speaks Mandarin and place listing in behalf of us or find resellers who can do so .

This is maybe the one referred to.

1 Like

Yes, that is the one :slight_smile: Although these type of programs comes at certain cost as well. As I believe this chanel it can be managed outside of official government program. Just need to understand full process :slight_smile:

You may be surprised, in Taiwan it can be more beneficial to be part of the official program. They like to support their pet projects.

A special event about e-commerce opportunities in Taiwan will be held in Lithuania on Dec. 16 by Enterprise Lithuania, Uždavinytė said.

Any insider info on how well it went?