Can I come to Taiwan with 2 kids being a single mom?

[quote=“acearle”][quote=“fu xiao”]

[/quote]

Yes, the AUDACITY that a man’s property might up and leave him, very old fashioned. And the AUDACITY that a wife might object to being beaten, or that her husband is coming home still smelling of a hooker :wink:.

Sorry, morals? Gimme a break…I’ve been here too long to buy #4.

The other thing to consider is taking a poll about how many people actually got what was promised upon arrival. I suspect VERY few (I’m sure there are some, in fact I know of a couple who actually got a good deal, but they are in the minority).[/quote]

Wow, someone sounds bitter. There are jerks everywhere in the world, with people who don’t treat their families well - but that doesn’t mean TAIWANESE in general are like that. Talk about making a blanket statement! And yes, I do think that this is a family oriented place - maybe you just haven’t met any of the nice families that DO exist here. There are lots of foreign and mixed families here - though remember, Niks, they either have Taiwanese in-laws to help them with child rearing, or they’ve been sent here by big companies which pay them plenty to allow for adequate child care.