Can I get a temporary travel document to exit Taiwan?

My Entry stamp is in my no-longer-valid passport, and I quickly need to leave for the States and can’t wait for a new passport, I know Taiwan needs to do Exit stamping. Could I get a temporary travel document so I can Exit and they can just stamp the temp document instead?

No.

Besides, your main concern should be getting into the US instead of leaving Taiwan. How do you think you’re going to enter the US without a valid passport?

1 Like

Sorry, should have mentioned. I have my US passport with me and can get into the US without issue. My concern is mainly that Taiwan wants to stamp an Exit stamp onto something, and currently I only have my old Taiwan passport with the cancelled exit/entry sticker and an entry stamp, or my US passport which currently does NOT have an entry stamp in it.

Oh, so you are a dual citizen. That’s an entirely different scenario then.

You may be able to travel if you provide both your expired Taiwan passport and your current US passport. They might send you into a small room to see their supervisor though.

1 Like

You can leave Taiwan on your US passport. Re enter later on with new Taiwan passport.

1 Like

Even if the entry stamp is on the Taiwan passport, I can get an Exit stamp on the US passport?

Yes