Can I pair 2 BT speakers to 1 source?

So, I have a marvelous BT turntable now. I have it paired with a nice little BT speaker called a Wonderboom.

My question is: can I simultaneously pair 2 Wonderbooms to the turntable for a more surround sound experience?

Thank you, tech people. :bowing:

Press and hold center button on both speakers at same time till you hear the Lord speak to you.

3 Likes

8 posts were split to a new topic: From BT speakers

Really? Is that it?

I’m about to spin this
And I’m already thinking it would be great to have Lou coming at me from all angles.

1 Like

I pair 2 Wonderbooms to my phone.

Sounds better than my Bose surround sound. At least in smaller spaces when not cranking up to dance level.

1 Like

Helpful to say which phone you use. Not all phone allow sound out of 2 Bluetooth speakers at once.

Most bt speakers are already stereo by the way.

Probably. What’s the turntable model?

I have paired it directly to the speaker. It doesn’t go through my phone.

It’s Bluetooth 5.2 so probably will. I’m trying to find concrete examples

1 Like

I read the manual. Cannot confirm either way.

If you have the one bluetooth speaker and maybe a set of bluetooth headphones or can borrow another speaker, would be worth giving it a try before you buy another speaker. The speakers shouldn’t need to match at all.

I suppose I can attempt to pair them to my Bose earbuds which run through my phone. :phone:

Will give it a go.

Disconnect them from the phone first. Don’t want that interfering the experiment. Just turn bluetooth off on your phone temporarily

1 Like

Right, I was trying to remember how we did it in the store yesterday. The turntable was trying to pair with the phone, so we shut off the BT.

Thanks for reminding me. :bowing:

Edit:

Can not. And when I tried, I lost the speaker.

Yeah, I had kind of the opposite conflict recently (two potential sources, one set of earbuds), where I couldn’t play music from my phone without turning off Bluetooth on my laptop even though no audio was playing on the latter.

Took me a while to figure out the issue, so definitely worth simplifying things, especially if the turntable and speakers lack much ability to fiddle around with settings so you can’t easily tell what’s connected…

There is zero fiddling. The speaker has a pairing button you push. The turntable has one as well. I just stand there and wait for the blinking red light to turn solid blue .

My kind and speed of tech.

Yeah, that’s what I mean - that it can be kind of difficult to troubleshoot just based on hidden automatic connection processes and a couple of LEDs, so easier just to avoid potential conflicts from the start like @volv1992 said. :slight_smile:

Are you wanting though to split the left and right channels or just play both through both speakers? It seems like the former might be more difficult to achieve, especially with a turntable, unless the speakers are specifically set up to manage that.

No, I don’t want to get that fancy. I blame my kid for seeding the desire to have stereo sound! :rage:

The wonderbooms can sync with each other, but it won’t be true stereo. Meaning you won’t get definitive right and left channels. They will both play the same thing. They still sound great though.

2 Likes

How, like the bear guy said?

I don’t need true stereo. Surround sound will do. I can’t tell the difference unless I have headphones anyway.

Yes. Like @the_bear said

1 Like