Can I use time here on visa-free towards anything?

The time I have spent here has got me thinking about more long-term plans here.

At the moment, I am one of those here under the visa free that keeps getting extended due to coronavirus.

I’m wondering, can that time spent here be retroactively applied to some thing, like citizenship/residency requirements? i’ve read a few threads and articles about the various options but I don’t have anything even in mind I would be seeking to get, just wondering if anything whatsoever could have the time I spent here applied to it.

Yeah, I think you can use it to pay taxes for 2020 if you want? Congratulations!

I’m not sure, but I doubt you’d be able to use it for much else, given things like the fact that time spent physically in Taiwan under a visa exemption doesn’t count toward NHI eligibility, time spent as a student doesn’t count toward an APRC application (to my understanding), and all the shit about denying stimulus vouchers and YouBike registration and stuff to actual residents.

3 Likes

No. If you want your time to count to PR. You’ll need a non-student ARC.

1 Like

Thanks. I didn’t have any solid plans or expectations, I was just curious if this would happen to open any doors for me.

It may trigger tax liabilities and not much else.

can they force a visa free foreigner to get vaccinated in order to leave on a plane? if the airlines require vaccination can they compel you to take the vaccine?

That’s probably not a major concern at the moment until a vaccine becomes available, so seems pointless to worry about it for the time being.

Are you a strong swimmer?