Can my employer deduct NHI payments from my salary?

How can one know how much company is paying to NIH (that 70%)? because in the salary receipt shows only what we r paying to NIH

sarcasm-meter

A warning: I don’t know Chinese, I’m not licensed to practice law in Taiwan, I can’t guarantee the reliability of any information contained in any link posted in this post, and I am not giving legal advice in this post.

Someone on the Internet asks the question, “偷偷錄下對方的口頭承諾,可以當作法庭的證據嗎?” A discussion follows:

The question asked in the article linked above doesn’t seem to be exactly the same as the one being asked in this thread about secretly recording a conversation with a person without their consent, because the circumstances of the question in the article seem to be different from the circumstances related in this thread. However, the article does seem to contain some discussion of this kind of recording. The person addressing the question appears to be a lawyer:

https://peilawyer.tw/

Concerning secretly recording a conversation: before making such a recording, probably the best course of action would be to consult personally with a lawyer licensed to practice law in Taiwan (this statement is neither meant to be an endorsement or recommendation of the lawyer linked in this post, nor is it meant to be advice against consulting with that lawyer).

I hope this helps, or at least does no harm.

First way - There is NHI calculator somewhere on the internet. Depending on your salary it shows you how much NHI payment is needed.

Second way - You pay 30%, from that figure out what will be 100%

You can check your premium on NHI site. If more than 30% of your premium is deducted from your salary, your company is cheating.

I’m unfamiliar with the measurement system in use here.

Love ya Ike, but haven’t we been over this before?

中華民國刑法

The article Charlie posted cites the Supreme Court’s 97年台上字第4546號刑事判決 as an example of what’s permissible: someone surreptitiously recorded his/her spouse and spouse’s partner to prove adultery, and it was deemed acceptable.

Of course, just because you have a prima facie justification to make a recording, that doesn’t mean you can engage in dirty tricks or trample on people’s privacy. (I’m just explaining, not accusing OP of anything dirty.) As the article also says, the Criminal Code isn’t the only law that (sometimes) applies.

I would say (as a layperson, not a lawyer) that posting the recording here serves no legitimate purpose because (1) not being an organ of state, we have no jurisdiction over a labor or insurance dispute, and (2) the situation was easily communicated in writing, so there was no need to expose anyone’s voiceprint to the interwebs; even if the situation could only be understood by listening to the recording, that still probably wouldn’t be enough to justify publication. That’s why I advised OP to remove it. (OP seems to have mistaken me for the Admin. I’m just a humble moderator!)

Tl/dr:
Don’t be afraid to record someone when you believe it’s necessary for the protection of your rights, but be cautious about what you do after you make the recording. And for ****'s sake, don’t put it online unless you’re absolutely sure it’s okay!

Absolutely illegal

Did they deduct it after you showed them the document?

I quit that job, referencing Article 14 and am now working elsewhere.

All worked out well because I am getting a far higher wage than before.