Can you go swimming and just wear a bathing suit?

I do occasionally wonder about just not wearing a cap and seeing if there’s any enforcement. Something pretty dramatic would have to be going on to get the lifeguards off their phones - my bald shining pate may get a reaction. I don’t think they’d notice a drowning.

The main guy who runs our university pool has asked me before to explain to another foreigner that the giant baggy board shorts didn’t meet guidelines, so he keeps track of what’s going on. But at lunchtime when he’s off … oof. Those part-time guards are not paying attention.

2 Likes

Oh they go nuts over caps, like no mask entering mrt.

3 Likes

When I go swimming with my eight-year-old, my strict rule is for him to say within an area where he can stand (marked off by a drainage thing on the bottom of the pool) while I do my laps. He’s a great swimmer (bilateral breathing when swimming freestyle and we’re working on butterfly now, for example), but at the end of the day, he’s still only 8 and I don’t trust the lifeguards one bit.

2 Likes

I wore them in 2 pools and was no comment from lifeguards though I did know the rules, speedos on a fat fucker like me NOOOOOO WAAY.
Wow im such a rebel sometimes.

1 Like

This is so true. Taiwanese girls have very thin hair that falls out often. I know for a fact that some of them have bald spots which is very stressful for them. As for men, there are some very convincing hairpieces nowadays where you wouldn’t even know. A local guy I know gets a yearly hairpiece since before he met his wife and she legit has no idea he is as bald as an egg in reality. Is it moral? I don’t know but he has been doing the deception for over 6 years now. Those things (the good ones) cost over 5000 US dollars a year. Ouch…

Calif gyms do not require caps and all the better for it

Still it isn’t cool to be swimming and caught by a stray long hair

Hasn’t happened often though

I didn’t really mind the cap thing in Taiwan
Unless I forgot the thing at home and have to buy a new one

Made me feel like a pro swimmer. I still have my cap I got in Taiwan but I imagine I will be laughed at
If I wore it here seeing as the guys and gals who are probably on the swim team don’t wear them
I would be seen as a wannabe

Since I mostly just float around if given a chance

At my three lane swimming pool at my gym here you have to get in and do your laps because others are waiting and there is the unofficial 2 per lane max rule

Wifey criticized me for saying the floater
Is here again

Referring to a 300 pound woman who used a floatation device and just floats from one end to the next for an hour

Still whatever little exercise she gets from that must be beneficial even as
She takes up a whole lane due to her super tanker status Sorry I’m being bad here

I’m only a tanker

Im currently laid up due to over
Enthusiastic swimming over the last two days

Twisted something which sucks as I wanted
To go down and see the blue angels perform
today

Shared a lane the day before with this pretty young lady who must be on the swim team
She must be one of those who do 40 lengths of the 20 meter pool take s short break and do another 40

Well I did 20 lengths same as the day before and stressed my out of shape self out I guess

Twisted the chassis trying to keep up with the young lady

I’m going to be up all night thinking about this question.

1 Like

isnt it more about saving costs on filtration? Imagine the drian in the bathroom with just 1 woman, then imagine a hundred.

I called them on it though, I am a hairy ass dude nearly 2m tall. My shedding surface area is easily 20x that of someone’s scalp. take that filter maintenance costs!

But your body hair is not as long I would imagine

My wife clogs up the drain in the shower weekly
Have to use Drano once a week

Errr isn’t that super damaging to pipes and not supposed to be used frequently?

1 Like

Supposedly the liquid one I use is pipe friendly
What’s the option ?
Have a flooded shower ?

Try to get one of those sieve things to put over the drain which will catch most of the hair.

On the original topic: The first time I wore a swimming cap here in Taiwan, I made the mistake of pulling it down all the way to cover my ears. Don’t do that - it will make the experience of wearing one 100x worse…

Yeah I’m looking for one that’s a right size

You can get a mesh or grate looking thing that fits right into the hole. I am with you on the long hair clogging the drains! I remove by hand. its gross, but eco friendly.

Use a drain snake:

2 Likes