Can you see my avatar?

Ok, so I’ve pm’ed for help with little success and I’ve searched for a related topic, but found none.

It’s been more than a year since I could last see my avatar. In that time I’ve bought a new pc…still no luck. Can you see my avatar? Why can I not see my avatar??? It’s like changing your clothes to suit your mood. If I can’t see my avatar, what’s the point? It feels like I’m naked in cyberspace… :frowning:

So please, help me out.
Can you see my avatar?
Why can I see some avatars, but not others?
Is there something I can do to make my avatar visible? Some setting? Some magical charm?

All helpful comments welcome.

Cheers,
(virtually naked) Bismarck.

PS - I also can’t see my signature. The stuff about the Springboks etc… What’s up with that?

I can see both your signature and your avatar.

I see your avatar and your signature.

ditto

i have same prob, marbolette started thread before about it. can see yours, can’t see mine.

Silly question, have you IGSIGed yourself?

not silly at all, lol. so that’s what that is!

[quote=“Tempo Gain”]not silly at all, lol. so that’s what that is![/quote]It’s “IGnore SIGnature (and avatar)” to use on people with annoying avatars. It does allow you to use it on yourself. If you’ve pressed it it will say “SEESIG” instead. This button is next to the quote button on the top right of posts.

At first I was going:

Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhhhh!!!

:taz:

:wall:

:wall: :taz:

And then I came to this:

:ponder:

:saywhat:

:astonished: Looked at the appropriate area.

Clicked “SEESIG”. :noway:

And… (drum rolllllllllll…)

Voila!!! :banana:

To all you guys, and most especially BIG Fluffy Matthew. Thanks!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

I can see my signature and my avatar. I’m no longer virtually naked!!!

but I do feel like a bit of a horses ass, though…

If I ever make it up north to a Happy Hour, one round’s on me!!!

only for the fluffy one or all of us who helped?

For all of you, my good man. :slight_smile:

Who is that beardy gentleman anyway? Why do so many f.commers have beardy avatars?

[quote=“Funk500”]Who is that beardy gentleman anyway? Why do so many f.commers have beardy avatars?[/quote]You first, why does yours have strange facial hair?

Mine is mere bum-fluff, whereas Bismarck’s bearded man is the mark of a real man, cold baths in the morning, Gin and Tonics on the veranda and taking absolutely no shit from the natives what what.

Mine is mere bum-fluff, whereas Bismarck’s bearded man is the mark of a real man, cold baths in the morning, Gin and Tonics on the veranda and taking absolutely no shit from the natives what what.[/quote]

Interesting that you should say that.
It’s General Koos De La Rey, one of the boer generals who put some real hurt on the British Army during the Anglo-Boer War 1899-1902.

I saw so many other folks were using bearded famous folk from the days of yore, so I decided to give Gen. Koos some avatar time.

Mine is mere bum-fluff, whereas Bismarck’s bearded man is the mark of a real man, cold baths in the morning, Gin and Tonics on the veranda and taking absolutely no shit from the natives what what.[/quote]

Interesting that you should say that.
It’s General Koos De La Rey, one of the boer generals who put some real hurt on the British Army during the Anglo-Boer War 1899-1902.

I saw so many other folks were using bearded famous folk from the days of yore, so I decided to give Gen. Koos some avatar time.[/quote]
I just read up on your man there on wikipedia. A very interesting read.

[quote=“Funk500”]
I just read up on your man there on wikipedia. A very interesting read.[/quote]

so who’s yours?

he’s one ugly bastard i’ll give him that! :s

He’s Yuen Shun Yi, or 袁信義

appears in notable kung fu classics such as
Born Invincible
and Dance of the drunk mantis

I can’t remember where this scene is taken from though

[quote=“dablindfrog”]

so who’s yours?

he’s one ugly bastard I’ll give him that! :s[/quote]

and yours has got a thing or two on him. who is that?

[quote=“Tempo Gain”][quote=“dablindfrog”]

so who’s yours?

he’s one ugly bastard I’ll give him that! :s[/quote]

and yours has got a thing or two on him. who is that?[/quote]

none other than our beloved President.

i found the Napoleon analogy to be pretty good,
both because of his size and boldness!

:notworthy: :notworthy: