Can You Separately Add Hot Water to Clothes Washing Machine?

Using the local worthless washing machine with no spindle and cold water only.

Can hot water be added separately (with hose or bucket or…)?

Does the machine know how much water by sensor level or by how much water it adds itself?

I believe so! Done it in the past. It has sensors for measuring water level. In any case, you can try once and see if it works or not.

I would suggest an immersion heater. That way you won’t have to worry about the water level sensor. Just stick it in during the soaking period. You might want to go for a longer soaking period depending on how long the immersion heater needs to get the water to your preferred temperature.

Some washing machines have water heaters built in.

Taiwanese washing machines? I think the water just overflows out if its too high anyways.
Just pour that hot water in. Long as its not too hot and melts the plastic tub. LOL.
Why bother though, the taiwanese detergent is made for cold water.
And if the clothes need to be super clean just put em in hot boiling water in a separate tub and let it sit there for half an hour.

Bleach the heck outa em while you are at it.

(some clothes may not survive)

I added half a tub of hot water myself. Seems to have had a better cleaning on the whites.

I knew a South African lady who cooked the whites in a pot before sending through the washing machine. I do miss the simple creature comforts from the homeland like a hot water washer and a real dryer. I do add a color safe bleach to the clothes and use more water than my machine says I need to use. The clothes seem cleaner to me but I could be imagining it too.