Canadian Food or Poutine Restaurant

Very much so! I like the Dropkick too, the pastrami is from Cory’s Kitchen in KHH.

1 Like

I eat one of those every few months. Not exactly healthy eating but it sure tastes good with a cold beer! The Hammer is more of a neighborhood dive bar.

1 Like

No lol

Yes :beers: Always a good vibe, old-school neighborhood bar. “Dive” may give the wrong impression :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re right about that. Neighborhood bar. People are nice and they do a great job taking care of their customers.

1 Like

Need the fat to survive Canadian winters.

2 Likes

Isn’t this an oxymoron?

What do you mean?

It’s like saying “the summers on Mercury”

1 Like

Well. There are a few places where they dont get stereotypical winters.

And there are some jurisdictions that even have palm trees.

oxymoron

/ˌɒksɪˈmɔːrɒn/

noun

1. a figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction (e.g. faith unfaithful kept him falsely true ).

Oops thanks. You learned me sum English today.

I mean redundant then.

Where are there palm trees in Canada?!

1 Like

Foster-Hewitt is near (5-10 min walk) from Hanshin/ Hanku new department store (Indoor Arena MRT Station use far southwest exit) Unit 30 Wenjhong Road, Gushan District

1 Like

You can’t convince me that these aren’t the equivalent of children’s goldfish - my bet is that the government just replaces them every half year so they can claim “Vancouver! where palm trees ‘grow’.”

Don’t agree with that. They don’t even make their own fries. The gravy is watery and they use shredded cheese.

This is true

2 Likes

Most places here have no idea how to make gravy. Some use powder and I’ve even been served powdered beef stock with water. Disgusting.

Most don’t make their own fries, this is a must for poutine.

No one in the island can get cheese curds. That’s it… Period. Shredded cheese is fine if the other two components are good… But that’s often not the case.

There’s a few cheese makers who claim to make curds, but they’re more like riccota and nothing like the squeeky curds from Quebec. It’s pointless to try using these.

I will wait until the virus is over then eat poutine in Quebec

2 Likes

Seems like tonight is the night of criticizing my vernacular.

To be clear, I didn’t mean legit like Montreal style, I meant legit like we use it on the mean streets of T-wan: delicious. It matters less who sliced the potatoes and more about how it tastes on its way down, and Foster Hewitt’s delivers on that front.

It’s a hot, flat, deep-fried doughnut in the shape of a beaver tail. My favourite is with brown sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice.

1 Like

Nope, they grow in Vancouver.

Same three trees.

Bushy, normy and shorty

Ruban Bistro in Zhubei. Awesome poutine :+1: might have the other dishes you mentioned as well, as the main chef is French Canadian.