Canadian M.P. to prosecute Americans under anti-terror laws

google.com/hostednews/canadi … Y0Jh8qPhxQ

[quote]N.L. MP thinks pieing should be investigated under legal definition of terrorism
By John Lewandowski (CP) – Jan 26, 2010

HALIFAX, N.S. — A Liberal MP thinks the federal government should investigate a U.S.-based animal rights group under Canada’s anti-terrorism laws after a pie was pushed into the face of Fisheries Minister Gail Shea.

Gerry Byrne’s outrage follows an incident Monday in which Shea was hit in the face with a tofu cream pie as she was about to deliver a speech in Burlington, Ont.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals has taken responsibility for the incident, saying it was part of a campaign “to stop the government’s ill-advised sanction of the slaughter of seals.”

In an interview with radio station VOCM in St. John’s, N.L., on Tuesday, Byrne said he thinks what happened should be reviewed under the legal definition of terrorism.

“When someone actually coaches or conducts criminal behaviour to impose a political agenda on each and every other citizen of Canada, that does seem to me to meet the test of a terrorist organization,” said the MP from Newfoundland and Labrador.

“I am calling on the Government of Canada to actually investigate whether or not this organization, PETA, is acting as a terrorist organization under the test that exists under Canadian law.”
[/quote]

Over a pie in the face. Pie terrorism. Go Canada! Get the Americans! That’ll teach em!

:roflmao:

The real crime here is “tofu cream pie.” I’d think about suing someone just for making that.

Of course, I’m against killing seals. And I’m also against seal pie, for the record, unless of course there’s nothing else to eat and you need to feed your family.

But I guess, if you didn’t love them much, you could feed your family a tofu cream pie. Or if you do love them, you can feed them chocolate pie! Or pecan. Mmmm, pecan pie.

Someone want to pie terrorism me? I’m hungry. But NO tofu pie! I’ll be as angry as a Canadian if you give me tofu pie!

Hey, tofu desserts are pretty good. I do a stormin’ chocolate and cranberry thing, if I’m feeding others. :laughing:

PETA are dicks and pie-throwing is childish and disrespectful, but chucking baked goods at politicos is a criminal offence? An act of terrorism? :roflmao:

Well yes, actually, it is a criminal offense. And why shouldn’t it be? Because it’s funny…?

wouldn’t be the first time someone called PETA a terrorist organization.

this is your second anti-Canada thread in the last 48 hours, and sadly both times you missed the mark of what was really being discussed.

Why the angst? [strike]Did some Canuck FOB steal your kindy job?[/strike]

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”]wouldn’t be the first time someone called PETA a terrorist organization.

this is your second anti-Canada thread in the last 48 hours, and sadly both times you missed the mark of what was really being discussed.

Why the angst? Did some Canuck FOB steal your kindy job?[/quote]

I was reading news about the Olympics and this story popped up. It isn’t anti-Canada, it is a funny news story. Didn’t it make you chuckle?

Why is it “toe-fu”, and not “doe-fu”? I think I shall run amok the next time I hear some quacky treehugger talk about eating toefu. I shall afterwards offer them my toe residue as compensation.
Same with the ku-o-ming-Tang!

To paraphrase some well-known english writer of a few hundred years ago…

“OUT damned ‘e’…get thee out!”

tofu…not to"e"fu

…carry-on.

Terrorism? Terrorism? Terrorism’s nothing. That’s just people chucking pies and shoes and stuff at politicians, or rocks at policeman. Hey, kid, did you know, that many years ago, some guys threw some pies and some buildings fell down? Fact. 1911, or something like that. Course, they didn’t know how to build properly then.

I know the people who name pie throwing terrorism are just adding hyperbole to try to make the offence seem more serious than it was; but why don’t they realize that all they’re doing is cheapening the term terrorism and reducing it to the level of pie throwing?

I think for it to qualify as terrorism you should have to do something terrifying. On that “test” a pie–even a “tofu cream pie”–wtf?–clearly fails. Surely they have some other laws in Canada, the clown regulatory act or something, that could cover this situation?

[quote=“trebuchet”]
Over a pie in the face. Pie terrorism. Go Canada! Get the Americans! That’ll teach em!

:roflmao:[/quote]

For ME, hitting me with a tofu cream pie in the face WOULD amount to terrorism as I am allergic to tofu…

[quote=“housecat”]The real crime here is “tofu cream pie.” I’d think about suing someone just for making that.

Of course, I’m against killing seals. And I’m also against seal pie, for the record, unless of course there’s nothing else to eat and you need to feed your family.
[/quote]

Isn’t the Canadian seal harvest only by the aboriginal Inuit peoples? I don’t see anything wrong with that so long as they aren’t endangered.

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]Why is it “toe-fu”, and not “doe-fu”? I think I shall run amok the next time I hear some quacky treehugger talk about eating toefu. I shall afterwards offer them my toe residue as compensation.
Same with the ku-o-ming-Tang![/quote]

It’s from the Japanese pronunciation of the word.