Canadian Politics/News

https://www.newsweek.com/biden-admits-voting-iraq-war-was-mistake-says-he-did-it-because-he-wanted-prevent-war-1491369

Pretty much like the nonsense that Clinton says he/she supported the DoMA to protect gay rights.

This is his defense:
“ "The argument was because Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction, so he said that ‘I need to be able to get the security council to agree to send in inspectors to put pressure on Saddam to find out whether he’s producing nuclear weapons.’ At the time, I said, 'that’s your reason, alright, I get it.”

If they can be so easily fooled by a simple statement without any facts on the table, I wonder what all nonsense is fed to them
Behind closed doors under the garb of civilian oversight. Brings into Q the whole oversight - seems pointless doesn’t it ?

Accountability is tricky. What were your views at the time about the invasion of Afghanistan?

So with Afghanistan I remember them sending Special forces in first to meet the northern Alliance and their goal was to find Bin Laden and also fight Al Queda. I supported this. After Bin Laden was killed and a decade of war and trying to rebuild I think it was time to leave. The more I look into it the more I understand that the Taliban had weak ties with Al Queda and in some cases merely allowed them to be there. I don’t think the US needs to nation build. The moment US boots started showing up in force and 1 year turned into 12…well it went too far

But the whole Al qaeda and Taliban were US creations. If they were not so paranoid about the USSR the whole problem would never have occurred.

Yes but Al Queda really had not much to do with the Taliban, the Taliban merely tolerated them in their country and with the Tribal culture your guest you must defend with your life/honor. I’m not defending the Murderous Taliban btw.

The whole Iran Iraq Syria Lybia mess was obviously about Oil/Gas Pipelines and Power not about 911.

I wouldn’t say so. US directly funded both those oganizations.

“ This view led to a CIA program called Operation Cyclone, which channeled funds through Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence agency to the Afghan Mujahideen.[130] The US government provided substantial financial support to the Afghan Islamic militants. Aid to Gulbuddin Hekmatyar, an Afghan mujahideen leader and founder of the Hezb-e Islami, amounted to more than $600 million. In addition to American aid, Hekmatyar was the recipient of Saudi aid.[131] In the early 1990s, after the US had withdrawn support, Hekmatyar “worked closely” with bin Laden”

When you know your money is going torwards funding them, you can’t say we sent money to X but it went to Y.

The CIA must have known all the minute details. They just chose to ignore it as long as the snakes were biting the Soviets. Once they turned upon them, hell broke loose.

Yes the US did fund and support Mujahideen via CIA I dont dispute that. During that time the Soviet Union and the spread of Communism was seen as the greatest threat. And when looking at a world map, the areas in red were plenty back then…so maybe it was somewhat justified. Who knows. But the fact that we never had WW3 and the Soviet Union crumbled we’ll I wouldn’t want to roll that dice again if we could go back in time and do it different.

During that time if a country wasn’t in a Democracy they were Communist, or run by a Generalissimo, Warlords or in a civil war.

No. Al Qaeda was always an Islamic group who opposed both the USSR and the USA. The weapons they received from the CIA were directed to them by the Pakistani ISI.
The Taliban was also supported by ISI and did not even exist when the Soviet Union left Afghanistan. They were created out of disgust at the War of the Cities.

The US directly funded the fighters of those days whom we call terrorists today.

Trump isnt being held accountable either. He is mocked a lot, but punishments are rarely dealt to those in charge. Who got arrested for going to Iraq? Same number that will not be arrested for causing the spread of the ccp virus in the states. all a bunch of goofs. With immunity.

Just kick some ass. Hearts and minds will follow, inshallah.

Because democracy is the alternative to all that.

A book says he said… this is gossip.

looks like a good book
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/513978-us-embassy-in-canada-responds-after-navarro-slams-countrys-military

Kudos to Canadia.

Huh. Never knew we had balls this day an age Wonderful news :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I guess they did the same thing last year.