Cancel Culture Victims

Sadly, the Standard American Diet took its toll.

1 Like

She’s still in good shape.

1 Like

1592617900671m-01

5 Likes

So, when’s Mt. Rushmore gonna be dynamited/defaced
2 Likes

Well, it looks like we have to cancel Night at the Museum’s depiction of Teddy. Good thing Robin Williams has passed away, otherwise he’d have to be cancelled, too.

But, how about Mizuo Peck, who portrayed Sacagawea? She’s half white and half Japanese. Should she be cancelled for cultural appropriation? Why couldn’t the producers find a real native to play the part?

Oh the humanity!

2 Likes

shes not full white, no harm done.

Hopefully, soon. At least Teddy should be replaced with FDR.
Of course, the statue depicts an Indian and a black man walking alongside Teddy who is on horseback, which I suppose its defenders consider to be the natural order of things

I understand the issues with the statue itself, but I thought Teddy was a bit of a hero with progressives? Or at least he used to be.

1 Like

He is, kind of- he established a lot of the national parks, busted up a few trusts. He also set up parks for recreation to develop a healthy white race that he feared was degenerating. He was strongly against Americbeing swamped by the dregs of Europe- Italians, Greeks Ukrainians, Poles etc. Of the lynchings of Italians by a mob in New Orleans he wrote to his sister

Monday we dined at the Camerons; various dago diplomats were present, all much wrought up by the lynching of the Italians in New Orleans. Personally I think it rather a good thing, and said so.

1 Like

There won’t be many heroes left pretty soon. Reminds me of Ron Atkinson, for those who are interested in that rather vulgar association football.

1 Like

Just some guy who knows some history:

They were always destined to go a statue too far.

No one is safe

Language and thought must change! Hey you said something 20 years ago that is considered passe today, you will never change!

I wonder what it’s like knowing people like this?

1 Like

Maybe Taiwan can be a safe place for America’s cultural treasures as well.

Next up, Tina Fay and those who acted on 30 Rock!

In the short term it protects people’s feelings. In the longer term it will be as if it never happened. Crafty by Ms. Fey.

1 Like

Proactive! Get ahead of it before someone else calls her out!