Cannabis

[quote=“Maoman”]I’ve never been hardcore anything, but I appreciate the pleasures of a good smoke as much as the next man. In Taiwan, though, I’ve got too much to lose to risk it.

I won’t lie to you, OP. There is dope in Taiwan. There is also heroin, crystal meth, ketamine, cocaine, hash, amphetamines, firearms, etc. If you want a gun, asking about it in a public forum isn’t probably the best tactical decision. Same goes for drugs, even the lowly maryjane. If you suffer from depression, and if marijuana is a regular part of your life, don’t come to Taiwan. Chances are you’ll regret it.[/quote]That’s what I wanted to write but you beat me to it.

you picked the wrong forum OP, most people who wax in these pot threads get erections whenever a foreigner gets picked up for drug related offenses. It makes their day and fuels their preconceived notions they have about others.

[quote=“BigJohn”]How does the whole thing work here? Let’s say two dumb-ass foriegners get caught smoking a joint in a park in Taipei. What happens to them? How 'bout if they’ve got JFRV’s/APRC’s? Do they need guanxi, a great lawyer, a kind judge, loads of cash for a fine or a bribe, how does it all work? What happens to them? Deportation probably. But if they are permanent residents, what then? 7 years in jail? Sheesh! That sounds nuts.

I guess these Chinese guys must have some kind of emotional baggage about foreigners and drugs, because of HK and all that!

Anyhoo, good thing the beer is cheap and you can drink it anywhere!! :slight_smile:[/quote]

They do their time, and for doing time your PARC or JFRV gets cancelled then and get deported after serving time.

Why shouldnt foreigners with PARC and JFRV do time?

[quote=“sulavaca”]I never once knew a guy here who grew the stuff in an old wardrobe. Strangely this fictional man had a hard time growing the stuff in the open, but according to him it shot up in his tin foil lined, wardrobe, ‘light box.’
He only used it for himself and his non existent wife and neither of them had any run-ins with the law as nobody, including myself knew of it.
I wouldn’t suggest of course that you do anything of the sort.[/quote]

I know not of what you speak. I totally do not know this guy or any other guy who like him never grew any weed in any non-wardrobe.

This post never happened. I is another.

That sounds like one of those wardrobes that you walk in and become a king of a wonderful place of magical non-reality, and when you come out you find that everyone has aged and learned stuff and evolved, but you are still the same as when you went in. Still jacking off to that Cheryl Tieggs poster.

I love all the expert advice here. Like that other guy, I no longer imbibe but I know some Americans and Brits who do (oddly, haven’t met any Canadians who do???). From what they tell me, you have exaggerated the street value of local product. Welcome to mainstream media Forumosa.

Was that in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe? I don’t remember that part.

Was that in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe? I don’t remember that part.[/quote]
That was from the heavily censored ‘puberty’ saga.

I once new this fellow,
He smelled very rank,
His skin was green,
Let’s face it, he stank :hand:

I had seem him in town
Here and there a few times
But the more times I met him
He seemed more sublime :ponder:

I learned from his wisdom
My mind finally ready
And though we don’t often meet
Our friendship’s quite steady :wink:

There are those who mock him
But their perspective is flimsy
If they met him at all
It was on a mere whimsy :unamused:

And to the whimsical mind
He teaches whimsical things
To his students more refined
Are the benefits he brings :discodance:

Thank you, Thank you

:bow:

Link.
Or do you mean the dope testing they do for the ARC health check? They’ve been doing that for years.[/quote]
What is this “ARC health check” of which you spoke? Never heard of such a thing.

Sorry if OT, but Doc you reminded me of this:

I love that add!

Back to topic, it’s really not worth taking the risk.

I’m going stateside for a couple of weeks and I’ll come back with a permanent buzz.

@satelite TV

Would you happen to know what sentences those foreigners ended up getting ?

Well some foreigners are serving long sentences here for drugs, some a few years 12 years some 17 years. You can always go and visit them in Jail and ask them how they feel about it now. Of course they will be full of regret for getting caught and for ignoring the warnings.

I think one foreigner ( who recently posted about his ordeal ) and his local wife were lucky they just got remanded in Jail rehab for a few weeks and no drug conviction on their records. That’s a pretty good deal and I bet he gives far more consideration as to the possible consequences in the future should he get caught again. He was informed on.

If people here want to smoke cannabis and hash or other drugs and claim it’s their human right, and the laws in western countries or where ever else are so more liberal blah blah blah I won’t feel any empathy if they get jail stints here. It’s your right to do drugs if you want to say so, and it’s the governents right to put you in jail if you get caught.

This is Taiwan not somewhere else, and the laws here are what they are. Strange on this forum that some posts if it leads to other illegal doings get deleted, but yet if it’s about smoking hash and cannabis and doing drugs, then it seems this forum supports that persons right to do so regardless of the laws here.

Anyways its a risk for those who want to use drugs here.

Anyways this forum makes for good reading by the FAP. :smiley:

Always a guiding light in the wilderness, a veritable bundle of joy, aren’t you, Sat TV? :bravo:

Always. :whistle:

When I was a consular officer I had to visit people in Jail at Xmas / New Years, Easter and other times. It’s so much fun looking into the forlorn eyes of a person who knows you are going to get up and leave the prison after a consular visit, whilst they have another few years, or decade, or 2 decades plus to do.

So much to get out of that. :popcorn: I suggest you all try visitng some people in jail to find out firsthand whether or not you think you might like to join them in there.

MAybe read this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=83469&p=1168237#p1168237

I think all dope-smoking hippies, beer-drinkers, meat-eaters, sugar-eaters, tobacco smokers, alcohol drinkers, ibuprofen users, Starbucks imbibers and consumers of over-stimulating onions should be executed in Taiwan.

OK, getting busted in a foreign country for drug offences ain’t the best day’s work ever, but we all consume stupid dangerous ‘immoral’ substances, and buy products that damage others.

I would imagine that going to jail, especially in a foreign country is very scary and unpleasant. You don’t have to empathise, but rubbing your hands with righteous glee is ugly. ‘I never got caught breaking the law’ doesn’t make you good or clever.

Darn it. I can’t find the gloaters scene from Blackadder II when the chap’s about to get executed.

We don’t want any gloaters trying to come in for a good old gloat.

Don’t come here, OP. You’ll get more depression because you’ll have no friends here.