Can't add certain forum members to "Ignored" list?

I get you can’t do that to mods. But I’m trying to set a certain non-mod forum member as “Ignored” and unable to do it.

I thought it’s because this member has a hidden profile. But I tried testing it with others who also have hidden profile, and it worked just fine.

A possible bug?

Or possibly a curse.

1 Like

Are you trying to “Ignore” yourself and the algos are heating up?

1 Like

What exactly are you seeing? You should be able to add them to your Ignored or Muted lists in Preferences/Users.

1 Like

Nothing. Just hangs. There’s the loading symbol animation. The rotating incomplete circle.

Did you hit save at bottom?

1 Like

Yeah. It works for other users with hidden profile. But not this one.

If you go to Preferences/Users, hidden profiles are irrelevant.

1 Like

I’m not that bad, am I?

2 Likes

One of the mod added the user manually to my “Ignored” list.

Thanks for the help, guys.

2 Likes

Digging up the Ignore Function theme.

Any chance of being able to adjust the Ignore, to limit it to say, certain forums?

Someone I don’t want to read in say the cycling threads, I may enjoy reading in the assless chaps thread.

I don’t like writing anyone completely off.

4 Likes

I don’t think Discourse is likely to implement that, no. It seems like it would be a pretty niche type of request.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I’ve sometimes wished for this feature as well. But I totally understand that it’s unlikely to be implemented.

3 Likes

I’d like to ignore all posts with typos and bad grammars.

3 Likes

I’d like to ignore all discussions about poutine on behalf of posters from Manitoba.

You can, you can set an entire forum to ignore, but revert individual threads.

And you can ignore tags as well.

I don’t think that’s what he’s asking for? It’s more like “OK, I don’t trust Marco on Italian food, so I want to mute him in the Restaurants forum, but I like him on everything else, so I do want to see all his other posts.”

6 Likes

I dunno. I thought he was more alluding to ignoring forums and threads

1 Like