Can't find MMA club on google map! Help

Hi there
I’ve spent hours trying to find the evolution combat club on on google maps. Can’t find it at all. They list the address as “#3, Lane 206, Roosevelt Rd Section 4, Taipei.”

I’ve got as far as identifying that Roosevelt shows up on the map as Luosifu RD but can’t find lane 206. I’ e mailed the club but had no response. Anybody else train there? The map on the site is hand drawn and appears to be phonetic Chinese and English. Anyone got an address I can use/co-ordinates for google maps. It’s a shame as I would have quite liked to train there today. Guess I’ll wander round the area in the next few days and see if I stumble upon it. I fear the map may be old or inaccurate as any search for that address only churns up the website again.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me

It looks to be just south of Jilong Rd, from what I can guess on the map. Should be close to halfway between Gongguan and Wanlong MRT Stations.

Simply get in a taxi and ask the driver to take you to #3, Lane 206, Roosevelt Rd Section 4, Taipei.

Hmmm delegate the issue to a local cabbie

Unless it’s moved, it’s on Roosevelt Rd between Hsinhai Rd and ShiDa, on the west side. Very close to and just south of the footbridge. It’s a small open doorway at the bottom of a steep set of stairs. Go all the way to the top. Mention my name and no one will dare mess with you.

Mmmkay I think I see it on streetview. Way off of where I thought it would be from the directions on the site.

Drive or walk up and down Roosevelt until you see guys with tatts and Affliction t-shirts. Follow them inside.

:astonished: Yeah I suppose you get those types at MMA clubs. I had the Tatts before I started getting punched for fun but I have vowed never to wear MMA Fashion. If it’s your thing though then go for it. Not my cup of cha

Hey, I just checked their Web site, and the location on the map is a new one, so they must have moved. Why don’t you call Gordon? His number is right above the map. Just don’t call too early as he works very late nights.

That’s the thing. Those directions don’t match up to the location and the address doesn’t appear to exist on any map. I’ll harass the guy when I get a permanent residence in Taipei. Back to Yilan for now

Did anyone ever figure out the address? Can someone post the website address?
thx

Have you tried calling Gordon?

Thanks for the tip, I will do that now… thx again

“Call Gordon for more info on: 0922176141 or write evolutioncombat.com for more info!!!”

Does this gym exist anymore? The website seems to be down and there hasn’t been activity from them on Forumosa since 2011?