Can't use Forumosa on iPhone anymore

Getting “403 error” messages when trying to make posts. Can’t even log out anymore.

Anyone experienced something like that before?

Desktop version is fine.

No pwoblum on my iPhone.

͈ͯ̆̕͏͆͏̜̗̉̾Ȉ҈̘̻͟ ̶̨̡̟̦̭̘̞̮͇͖͌᷉ͪ̄ͦ͑̊҃͗̀̐̄᷈̂͋͡ͅc̬̳͙͉̘̮̅a̡̲߲̘̺̳̫̹̠̺̟͚̗̓ͤ͊߰̊͋͢n゚̢̫̥̒̉̒ͥͦ̾̏̅߯͢͢͝ ̨̨̨̩ͣ᷀ͧ҇û̷͍͇̳͔̙᷄̑̐᷁̀̐͂ͮͤ̕̕͟s͙͎̱͙͉᷅ͭͧͣ̉̂҇̕ế̷߲͚̼̺̠̝͚͓̭́̉ͮͮ߮̊͟ ̲̻͓̣̻̻᷉̆᷉᷁᷆߯᷆F̸゚̱̲̍҆ͨͮ̽̍߯̕͟o߲̮̠̭̞͉͈߲߭҄̍͋̅̊͢͠r゚̡̭̪͍̹̠̺ͧ҅ͬͥͤ߯߯̄̃̏͘͠͞ű̙᷀̍̅̂᷉͋̽͡m͈̪̓̌̽̽o̶̖̤̱̯ͬ᷉҆̍̊͗᷈᷀͝҉͑s̷̝͉͓̠͍̭̯̤᷅̔߭ͫ߱̎ͪ͊᷀߰̌̚̕a̫̯᷈ͨ͐̊߯᷁ͣͮ̕ͅ ̧̙̣̄ͥ߭͏̣̝߲̙̼̙͓᷄ͧ͂ͧ͑̓̌ͬo̢̳̥͑͂͋̂҄᷇߭͝ͅṉ̰̱̭̟̣͖̊̀ͣ͞ ͏̛̯͖͕̙̤᷀́̌߬̕̚m゙゚͈̙᷉᷅͑̒̀߳ͨ͛́̒ͭ߱̽́̓̏͝ỳ̘̣̌̓͟ ߬̕҈̸̢̧̯̱̻̜͍̋ͪ̂̓ͤͥ̽߭̉̈́́́߯̾͜A̶̳̭͚͙͇߳߮߫͂͂҆҆ͫͭ̉ͭ߫n゙̬̘̩ͦ̂߮̈́߬ͪ߱d͏̛̬҃̆᷄͐̉͐͘͞r゙̨̟̰̩̾߭̋᷇͌o̗҈̸̨̗̟̪͙͑̔߫᷈ͫ߫̊͌̽ͬ́̍͑҄߱͌͡͞i̷͔̜̭ͤ̄ͯ᷆߯͒͡dͬ᷆̈́᷇҈̪͐߰ ̬߱͏̶̡̨̛̞̖͎̠̞̦̳̆̇҆᷈߳͗͢͡͠ͅp̶̧̳͙̦ͪ߱̓h̶̡̙̠̯̠͎߭̉ͯͭ̓҇̽ͥo̙̭͖̒ͪ̽͝͝҉̡̛̗̳̫̪͓̱̗͑̓̔ͯ͆ͨ͢n᷄́͌è̶゚̻́̏ͣ̓͢͏͖̼̩̭̓᷆́̇͐̎҄߰ͩͤ̃߱҅͠ ͓̺ͨ߭̾߬͂̎ẃ̳̞̫̾̈̽͏͓͛i̷͚͆᷁҈̱̺̤̜̻ͥ̏᷀͆̐߫̂̽̕ͅţ̤̫̼̪̀߮҃́߫ͩ͂͟͜h̡̪̻̠ͤͯͫ߱᷁̽҄᷁̇ͦ̀o̷̯̣̣߱ͮ߰́̑̔u̼̺̹͚̹͎ͭ᷄҄̋߱ͮ҅̊ͣ̍͜t̶̡̺̙̠̜̭͈͔̪̳̐߯ͮ̽̉҆ͣ̊߬҄͐̋̚̚͠ ̪͋҈p̸̭̪͓̙̒̎ͣ̈߱̍͢͏̙͚͋ͩ͞r̸̡̞̰̹̟̟̹̠̳̤̤߰͂ͣ͌̅̒ͬ̊߱᷁͘͢ǫ͉̺̽͑᷉᷄᷄ͯͨͤb゙͆͆̂͡l̡̛͔̝̗̪̣̀̅̀ͣ̓̑ͨ᷆͝͡͏ȩ̶̱̯̗̦͛ͬ᷇ͣͪ̀᷅̾̓́ͫ҅́ͧ̔᷁͛͞m̼ͭ͏̛̒߬߰͆҆͡͠s̷゚̪̭͊ͫ̉ͮ͂͛߯͠҉゚̗͉߲̀᷅.̯̃᷅

2 Likes

:fire::skull_and_crossbones:Ⓘ̴͇̞̹͇̫͒ͥ͂ͦ ̢͎̯̣͈ͬⓣ̲̼̰̺̦̋̎͑͟ⓗ̷̜̪̃̔ⓘ͖͓̺̬̯̹̆̂̽͜ⓝ̸̟͔̜̏ⓚ̨̙̖̤̞̜̖̟ͤͥ ͓̞͉̼͎͍͍̰͆̐͆͜ⓣ̜̟͔̭̥͓͓͑ͦ͘ⓗ̀̐̍҉̪̺͕̺̜ⓐ̛̻͓̂̚ͅⓣ̪͍͚̬̰̄ͦ̈́͘ ̳̙̯̻͎͇ͫ̕ⓨ̬̯̫̲̺̦̖͓͛̆̉̚͘ⓞ͔̯͉̪̂͜ⓤ̧͚͎͖̯͙̜̒͂ͮⓡ̪̰̯̠̜͆̕ ̢̫̝͔̳̹̝̇̊ⓟ͕͍̙̠͙̠̗̗ͪ̆͒̕ⓞ̷̣͚̬̭ͬ̇ⓢ̻͓̙͙̘̝͎̫̋͋̚͟ⓣͥ͊҉͉͖̘ ̸̗͈̃̇ͥⓝ̟̝̤͉̦̾͘ⓔ̹͔͉̱̣̝̎ͮ̆̚͞ͅͅⓔ̼͉͊̀͜ⓓ̷̬̜͉̰̐̌ͮⓢ͓̮̹̪͍̤̄̌ͥ̍͝ ̌̃̚͏̳̞̝̳̪͔̭͕ⓐ̞̦͈͓͉͇̍͟ ͕̲ͮͩ͘ⓛ̴̬̪̘̯̦ͯ̒̎ⓘ̳͎͙̌͢ⓣ̤̲̳̱͉̰̔ͩͤͥ͜ͅⓣ̫͔̭̗̥̙͔̓̆͢ͅⓛ͚̺ͮ̓͋́ⓔ̘̠͉̖̩̩̇͡ ̷̹̯̩ͮ̆ͫ̍ⓜ̶͉̠̳̖͌͋ⓞ̛͓̙̘͇͓̇͂ͬͯⓡ̝̠̯̠̺̫̪̩͛̆̕ⓔ̡̖͇͚͂ ̥̤͖̠̞̙̜ͥ̂̈́ͩ͘Ⓤ̩̖͙͔̱̥ͧ̄̕ⓝ̩̪̯͗͝ͅⓘ͍̠̭̪̝̰ͭ̊͠ⓒ̣̮̌̈́̋͠ⓞ̵͔̼̹̥͒̅ⓓ̄͏͙̝̥ⓔ̧͈̮̩͚̖̮̬̘̅ͩͥ̒.̤̼͉͉̝̖̠ͨ̚͝:skull_and_crossbones::fire:

1 Like

Very helpful… :grimacing:

Apologies. No iPhone here, but Android works OK.

I do recall some time back (more than a year ago though) that I couldn’t log in to Forumosa from a PC with old browser software. At that time, I got a message from the board saying something like “your browser is too old to access this site”. I suppose it’s possible that something similar could happen on an iPhone with older software.

1 Like

Mine is fine, try a different browser on the phone and try clearing your website data.

Test

Ok, that went through, will stop using the Home Screen link.

Mine is fine.

You might just need to create a new one.

1 Like

I’m on Android, but I have problems reading some text in this thread.

This part looks like gibberish.

Yeah, sorry, this was just a joke. slawa responded (intentionally, I assume) with some text that was barely readable but unnecessarily decorated with extra Unicode squiggles (called Zalgo text), so I responded in kind.

Interestingly, my post seems to have uncovered a rare bug on the forum, because the preview of the post (where, correctly, letters that are decorated with Unicode squiggles appear) appears slightly different than the final posted appearance (where one of the Unicode characters at the end is improperly shown as the text string “skull_and_crossbones”).

Here’s how the preview looks:

Here’s how the final post looks:

But it’s no surprise that the forum software was probably not tested with all possible variants of weirdly-decorated Unicode strings.

There are also some “weird” text translators that appear to use combinations of bopomofo/katakana/Chinese characters to generate English-looking text.

For instance, running that past sentence into such a generator produces this:
卞廾ヨ尺ヨ 丹尺ヨ 丹し己回 己回冊ヨ “山ヨ工尺句” 卞ヨメ卞 卞尺丹几己し丹卞回尺己 卞廾丹卞 丹尸尸ヨ丹尺 卞回 凵己ヨ 亡回冊日工几丹卞工回几己 回乍 日回尸回冊回乍回/片丹卞丹片丹几丹/亡廾工几ヨ己ヨ 亡廾丹尺丹亡卞ヨ尺己 卞回 呂ヨ几ヨ尺丹卞ヨ ヨ几呂し工己廾-し回回片工几呂 卞ヨメ卞.

Barely readable as English, right? Try showing that to some Taiwanese people and see if they can read it. :smiley:

2 Likes

I saw a screenshot where an old DOS computer was hit by a boot sector virus, and it says “Your computer is now stoned”

Out of COMPLETE boredom and also to circumvent censorship on Facebook, I improved on it a bit:

闩呂匸刀三下厶卄工丁长𠃊爪门口尸曱尺ㄎ七凵丷山乂丫之

4 Likes

That looks like ninja script.

七卄工ㄎ 工ㄎ 尸尺三七七丫 匸口口𠃊, 闩七 𠃊三闩ㄎ七 工 七卄工门长 ㄎ口

1 Like

A hybrid of ninja script and Star Wars script.