Capoeira angola!

coming to taipei in february or march next year! 2007.

actually i’m hoping there are already a few cats there who can play, but anyway i’m sure there are some who will want to. i’m not sure where i’ll be living yet, and i’m trying to work out visas and work stuff (in case you might be able to help me out with some info, check the other thread i started called "yoga teaching, thai massage in taipei) but I’ll be there for sure and want some people to play with, in a park somewhere, just for fun, for free. excellent.

:astonished:

ok i’m moving to taipei on march 19. if anyone wants to play or learn capoeira angola, let me know, we’ll work out a spot and start once a week or something.

hey slymon,
I don’t know if you have found anybody in Taipei who already practices capoeira, but I’m interested in learning. I’ve heard that there is a community of capoeiristas here in Taipei, but I’m still waiting to hear back from the friend who has contact info.
Let me know if you have more info, or want to teach.
Thanks,
dora

hey, i am interested in practicing capoeira, but i live in Hsinchu, is there any instructor around this area? or what would it take to ask one to come over? like how many people should we gather?

Still anybody practicing capoeira angola, or any form of capoeira?? I recently moved to Taipei from The Netherlands and would really like to learn and practice some more capoeira!!

I am going to be in Taipei for the summer. I was hoping to maybe find a Capoeira class. I saw this web site: tmma.com.tw/about.html

Apparently, they have a Capoeira class. But I don’t speak Chinese very well. :frowning:

Is there any class that would be in English? If not, any other martial art that might be taught in English?

Hi!
Yes, there’s classes by Cris Capoeira from Capoeira Brazil (see the group Capoeira Brasil Taiwan on facebook, facebook.com/profile.php?id= … 86&sk=info). She is a Brazilian and teaches in English!
She trains every Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays at 9:00pm to 10:30pm. You can reach her at 0960374726.

Address:
Showcase Dance Studio
B1, no.250, Long-jiang St,Taipei, Taiwan,

MRT Station
Closest MRT station is Zongshan Junior hight, Brown line,
Long-jiang St is just off of Minsheng near Fuxing Rd, Taipei, Taiwan.

Have fun! :slight_smile:

the TMMA website is: wretch.cc/blog/kungfuschool

there’s lots of foreigners there and most teachers speak english. you can find the classes schedule at wretch.cc/album/show.php?i=k … 910384&p=0

I usually go there once or twice a week. Let me know if you need more information.

Hi!

I have already been to Capoeira Brasil’s class with Cris and although it is good to train, the style of capoeira is very different to the Capoeira Angola that i love to play. I was just wondering there is anyone who would be interested in training and playing informally now and again?

Louisa

I forgot to say… I’m in Taipei

Bump. I used to play a lot of capoeira, with capoeira Brazil at that. Anyone active or have experience with capoeira in Taiwan?

Hi, I know there is a Capoeira Camara in Taipei, Tainan and maybe Taizhong also. I have dropped by their class when visiting last December, it was fairly easy to find via facebook (olha aqui: facebook.com/TaiwanCapoeiraAssociation). I only did one class but I think the style is more regional. Going back to Taiwan in Dec, and planning to train with them again! Axé!

Nice to hear, I’ll check back on this when I eventually end up in Taiwan again and check those groups out.