Capturing RealMeadia streams

I remember this being posted somewhere else once and no one posting a (free) solution. Well, I found this program yesterday and used it this morning (with few problems). I don’t see how I didn’t see it last time though (it was #1 with a google search). Anyway…

Here is is.
And here’s a site that reviews other such programs.

You need to have real player installed and I’d recommend saving audio as a wav (I just tried an MP3 and it didn’t turn out so nice). Haven’t tried Audio+Video yet, but I saw some posts from people saying it does a decent job at that as well.

If you look at the site that reviews programs some come with a full functioning free trial.

here’s the link I had from that previous thread (or somewhere else)…

audacity.sourceforge.net/download/windows

allows you to save MP3, and is really easy to use

[quote=“EEzzee!”]here’s the link I had from that previous thread (or somewhere else)…

audacity.sourceforge.net/download/windows

allows you to save MP3, and is really easy to use[/quote]
Funny, I was going to use this, but wasn’t sure about what I’d have to do to capture a stream using it. Do you have a link for that or is that a function built into the software.

I just noticed I wasn’t very clear in my post. I’m mean a www.real.com stream.

Hope this helps, I can give more detailed instructions if needed, but it’s quite clearly explained on their website…

Simple answer: Press record on Audacity, then play on the real player audio stream…Audacity will capture it direct from the sound card.

I’ve shown a few people how to use it to save various BBC audio programs/specials onto their computer and upload them to an MP3 player…

OK, I thought it was going to be something simple like that. I just found the other program and never tried. The other program can do video too though (I know audocity can’t do that :wink:). I’ll try that real quick, but I’m betting I wouldn’t be able to listen to my/watch a movie at the same time.

au contraire… if you can split it into a video file and a seperate audio file, pretty much regardless of format, there’s a good chance you can frankenstein it together with TMPGEnc or some suchlike video tools…

the video conversion bible can be found here:
videohelp.com/convert

a hell of a lot of useful info not only limited to conversion to be found there too… :wink:

I have been using Freecorder http://www.applian.com/freecorder/ to record audio from my computer. It works very well, but now I have a new computer (WinXP) and it is not working properly. When I play back, the audio is extremely faint. I tried adjusting all of the settings without success.

Any ideas? Should I try a different software, or is this most like a hardware issue? These are the only related topics I found on the forum, but don’t really help, unless I want to try a new software:

http://www.forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=7257&highlight=recording

http://www.forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=31503&highlight=record