Car Crashes and Burns on Canada’s Rainbow Bridge

FBI says possible terror attack

“The FBI Buffalo Field Office is investigating a vehicle explosion at the Rainbow Bridge, a border crossing between the U.S. and Canada in Niagara Falls. The FBI is coordinating with our local, state and federal law enforcement partners in this investigation. As this situation is very fluid, that’s all we can say at this time.”

Looks like it came from the NY side:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2023/11/22/rainbow-bridge-explosion-new-york-canada/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab

One eyewitness told local news station WGRZ that the car was speeding and swerving as it approached the border from the U.S. side, but shortly after it passed another car, it suddenly went careening toward the U.S. security checkpoint.d

Local news is giving conflicting reports that the car came from the Canada side.

You’d think this would be easy to determine with an overhead shot of the bridge. :roll_eyes:

After seeing the video, I think it may be Bo Duke and Luke Duke.

3 Likes

I haven’t seen it.
Now I have.

Correction: IF That’s the Canada side, the road down to the border crossing into the US turns to the right. The speed limit is like 15 mph. The car went straight and seems to have hit the median and gone zoooooobooom.

I cannot think of any reason that any reasonable person could have accidentally done that.

Doesn’t look like a car bomb though. Too small.

1 Like

this one on the news page you liked shows it a bit better

1 Like

See? “On the US side.” WTH? It’s a pretty simple thing to get right. :roll_eyes:

I don’t know what side, I was more interested in the flying car.

Do we know what kind of car it was? Might have been an EV battery blowing up.

Right and the driver thought that dousing it in the Niagara River was a great idea.

“a luxury Bentley automobile”

I don’t see how they rule anything out yet. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Back to it came from the NY side.

Rainbow Bridge explosion closes border in Niagara Falls (buffalonews.com)

A source with knowledge of the situation, who asked not to be identified by name, told The Buffalo News that a vehicle approached the American side of the bridge at a high rate of speed while traveling in the wrong lane – the one in which vehicles from Canada would be entering the United States. The speeding vehicle then hit an obstacle near a U.S. Customs and Border Protection inspection booth.

It’s Hochul.

1 Like

She’s the mastermind? Doubtful.

Just referencing the article.

““At this time, there is no indication of a terrorist attack,” New York Governor Kathy Hochul told reporters Wednesday evening. Her comments were echoed a short time later by federal law enforcement officials at a separate news conference.”

1 Like

Suicide?

if it was the NY side, that’s pretty much a straight road that slopes down onto the Rainbow Bridge. Hitting 100mph would be easy.

Two people? Murder suicide? It is Thanksgiving after all. :idunno:

1 Like

100 mph according to an eyewitness.
A certain possibility. :+1:

Looks like Marty going back to 1985.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly. Tesla or anything made in China.

If this happened in China it wouldn’t even be news.

No, it is reported to be a Bentley.

Even worse. Made in UK

3 Likes