Car Safety Requirements

Could someone tell me more about the Car Safety Regulations for children below 12 years old here in Taiwan? I’ve been told that car seats are required and on the other hand a lot of people do not practice using them here.

A few years ago I saw the ads at the movie theatre warning that car seats were going to be made mandatory and it is in fact the LAW that you must have a car seat for children under a cartain weight(can’t remember what that was). I almost fell out of the chair laughing. In a society where infants ride piggy-back on motorcycles they are now attempting to introduce car safety seats. I have nothing against car seats, my child doesn’t get in the car without being strapped in but I think with regard to child safety Taiwan ought to learn to walk before it starts to fly.

As for getting fined for not having one I would find that highly unlikely but almost hysterical if it did happen.

As far as child safety goes, use your head when taking your loved one in a car or on a scooter.
We’ve all seen toddlers transported on scooters with no helmets, and we’ve seen kids treating the rear seats of cars like a playground.
If you are transporting your child in your own vehicle, make sure the child is safe in a baby seat or booster chair.
If you travel by taxi (whereby there is no child seat), please ask the taxi driver to drive slowly and carefully.
I think you can forget about the law.
Just use common sense.

As far as child safety goes, use your head when taking your loved one in a car or on a scooter.
We’ve all seen toddlers transported on scooters with no helmets, and we’ve seen kids treating the rear seats of cars like a playground.
If you are transporting your child in your own vehicle, make sure the child is safe in a baby seat or booster chair.
If you travel by taxi (whereby there is no child seat), please ask the taxi driver to drive slowly and carefully.
I think you can forget about the law.
Just use common sense.

Saw someone selling a child safety harness at the TAS Bazaar today. Looks like a great thing so that your kids do not “treat the rear seats of cars like a playground”…well said Scotty! :bravo:

Maybe someone could help with the link as I did not get any info…my son was too interested in the dogshow today!! :wink: [/quote]

www.lenoirphoto.com/joeysafe the local distrubutor is a lady named Tiahs.

here is our thread at parentpages parentpages.net/phpbb2/viewt … fe&start=0