Cards Against Humanity v Border Wall

CAH has decided to purchase land along the US/Mex border to hinder the building of the wall. They have even hired an “eminent domain” lawyer to help make building the wall as expensive and difficult as possible. (For those not familiar with US law, eminent domain is a part of law that allows governments to seize property that will benefit the public overall, with just compensation. It has been this way for 240 years.)

If you do not know, Cards Against Humanity are the Archie Bunker of party games. Unapologetically dark and brash in tone, but in very real and genuine way. Kind of like South Park before it became routine. It is a Q&A style of game, a card comes up with a question, and you get some answers.

Some companies shy away from embroiling themselves with scandals. These guys wallow in it! In the past they have sold people bullshit. Literal bullshit. And, dug a hole as a fundraiser. Just, dug a hole. Welcome to the new world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=90&v=cxMvzK2OQTw

1 Like

Do they have a Taiwan edition? Or at least Asia?

It sounds like an elaborate gag more than a real project, but at least they have a sense of humor. Fifteen bucks sounds a little expensive though. Is there a Dreamer discount?

No. I do not think the sensibilities of the TW’ese people would be served well by CAH. You can make your own cards, if you wish. You can order a set, or DL the base set for free.

https://store.cardsagainsthumanity.com/

I, find them hilarious. You may have a different opinion.

1 Like

They are know for this stuff, but apparently it is the real deal. The packages have sold out already.

That VDO, complete with Peter Coyote narration, has all the feel of SPY magazine and National Lampoon. I guess we will find out.

I guess we’ll know it’s real if the Donald starts tweeting about it.

I cannot wait for that. I am guessing they will reply in CAH cards.

This will serve them in three ways

1. publicity
  2. it will annoy the T
  3. it will annoy the T-crowd and if 45 moves forward with land seizure, it will test the right on that whole liberty/freedom/private land thing.

I guess that is actually four ways, but I just merged two of them.

Wait, what? That “we’re going to build a wall to keep the Mexicans out” is actually going ahead? It wasn’t Trump just bullshitting the great unwashed?

Hadrian must be pissing himself laughing in his grave.

1 Like

On a side note anyone seen the movies “Sicarios” and “Cartel Land”. Ones a really good movie ones a really good award winning documentary.

I heard a couple years ago that this is a great game to play. I’ve been looking for it in Taiwan since then.

It’s somewhere, I know two of my students have sets, as does a friend. I’d ask the friend, but there were 6 of us playing in a bar and I’m not actually sure whose cards they were :stuck_out_tongue:

Possibly all bought online/brought over from abroad though.

Only Americans are dumb enough to think that enforcing the borders of your country and defending its sovereignty is a bad thing.

Only Americans? Looks like you haven’t checked the Eu recently!

As a permanent resident of Taiwan I don’t get it either. I certainly never felt that my human rights were violated in any way because of the involved procedures required to become a legal resident of Taiwan. Maybe somebody can explain why stopping Pablo Escobar from walking across the U.S. border and heading for a sanctuary city would be a violation of human rights.

Only idiots think that discrimInating against an ethnic group or closing borders will keep them safe. Also, only idiots think that closing only one side of the box will keep it safe.

According to the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Honduras, home to about 8.25 million people, has by far the highest homicide rate of all countries in the world. Its unparalleled average rate of 90.4 murders per 100,000 people means that in this country, almost every 1,000th person is killed.

So you think it’s idiotic and racist to control who enters the U.S. from Honduras?

Is Trump stopping people from immigrating legally?

@derpydogs, @politbureau

Increase searches and security at international crossings. If that is not possible, or too much a hassle, then end visa free travel for everyone. 100% pre-vetting for everyone, for every trip. Hey, you want security you need to apply it equally to everyone, not on the basis of their skin tone or religion.

If you want to seal your border, then do it from all sides. If people are as against illegal entry to the US, then seal up that 3000 mike border to the north. You are aware that the areas that border the provinces of BC, AB, SK, and MB are 99% open, right? You or anyone can literally hop back and forth, come and go and no one would notice. Until something bad happened.

Indeed. And that’s a whole different problem. Might need a wall up there, as America is dumping a different group of illegals onto Canadian soil.

Exactly. No need to despoil an otherwise wonderful country. (if we are talking about the same thing)