Caring for sick wild mouse

Thats the logic of a budddhist pig farmer right there.

you got the cat, and thus the cat became your killing tool. Like poison, traps or whatever. The cat is the same thing, except you like to have them touch your face and eating utensils throughout your house as well. So, you did indeed kill the mouse. Slowly, painfully and with high level disease vector status :slight_smile:

Not that this is the thread for this, but i kill many rodents a week on farms. There are 3 ways of dealing with a rodent issue.

Make habitat for native predator species (snakes, birds etc). Not ideal for households.

Live cage trap and release.

Live cage trap and followed by instant death. On farms i do this often, will spare the details but death is less than 1 second. In peoples houses i catch and release if its is native species.

That all said, i think it is absolutely commendable to have the heart to want to save such a rodent. Its very much respectable. But often times, it is a net negative environmentally to interfere.

That said, some milk based baby formula in the future or cream (the super fatty milks) are more ideal for super young rodents of certain species. Though that mouse was already weaned and should be able to eat solids by that sizeā€¦so it was probably poisoned or injured already.

1 Like

I take that wholeheartedly as a compliment :slightly_smiling_face:

I wonder if Iā€™d be able to kill a pig. Iā€™m guessing the answer is yes but Iā€™m not sure.

I used to live near a pig farm where they used to kill the pigs on site and it was pretty horrendous. The pigs would all go Beserk squealing and there was a smell of pig crap. Like it wasnā€™t nice. I used to retreat to my cousinā€™s house so as not to hear it.

Still ate the sausages though.

According to the rules we set worrying about the fate of a mouse is pretty hypocritical. Yet if I were to torture a mouse cat style Iā€™d be a psyco, and id agree with that designationļ¼Œand then put on my leather shoes and eat my bacon.

1 Like

But if you put the cat in a box, is the cat alive or is the cat dead? Or is it a superposition of the two?

Answer: there was no mouse, and this thread doesnā€™t exist.

1 Like

Does and simultaneously does not exist

Probably some communist will delete the whole thing later - bad china, china bad ugh ugh ugh ugh, slightly more sopoisticated ugh sounds ug uh china bad,

Something about monkeys.

Whatever you do please do not use your own brain

1 Like

I stole mine from the neighbours

If at first you succeed, then donā€™t try again.

1 Like

Sorry, got this mixed up with the ā€˜Found a confused Mooseā€™ thread.

A moose is easily confused for a mouse. Like a louse for a spouse. Or a frog for a frock.

Manyā€™s the rainy night that Iā€™ve gone out wearing nothing but stilettos and a medium-sized amphibian.

3 Likes

Yep, thats why many of us ar vegetarian or vegan. I LOVE meat, but i have seen to many farms to justify that amount of pain, suffering and straight torture just for.my selfish 10 minutes of taste bud bliss. It makes no sense. That said, i kill animals daily. The idea is a quick painless death. Not months, or years, of insane levels of both physical and psychological torment.

We agree on us being hypocritical, that was at the core of my buddhist pig farmer remark haha. Will explain cause i think it may not be common knowledge. Buddhist in taiwan claim to not kill animals. There ar , thousand kinds of diets in taiwan, many vegetarian in nature. But many pig farmers are buddhist, irnoically. They just leave sick dieing pigs out on the curb to die from dehydration or heat stroke instead of either fixing or ending their misery (usually disease and/or retardation). Secondly, they farm them for human consumption. So much like the above cat narrative, the farmer is just being a hypocrite allowing something else to pull the trigger knowning full well the purpose of their actions is to kill it, for money. It is hypocritical, but really just a pussy move to try and justify their bullshit.

Kill it or dont, lets just not beat around the bush and pretend we are all mother Teresa while we do something, itā€™s cringy.

3 Likes

Hear hear

Want a remedy to feel better, watch animal rescue videos, or humans show compassion videos, or animals rescuing other animals videos. But be careful, easy to start binge watching.
:laughing:

2 Likes

Iā€™d say black the entire thing out or go vegan.

Otherwise one is basically in Hitler loved animals hypocrisy territory.

Life was so much better before I knew what sausages were made of

The scientific norm should follow. The more i learn, the less i know.

ignorance is never bliss, is just delayed reality. Especially for those poor bastards rotting in cages. Its gross. You should be thankful you know whatā€™s in a sausage, and if you still make that moral choice to eat one at least you may not throw half of one away because you made too much and feel full. Thats the worst travesty, torturing, killing, processing it into unhealthy garbage and just throwing it into, the ocean, having it burried or having it incinerated.

When thinking about food waste as well as food we need, it becomes quite obviously most people in taiwan can afford well maintained meat that is raised with decent standards and treated with respect. We just got used to wholesale shit and use that standard to extrapolate onto quality foods, at least in regards to pricing. In this scenario, we the customers, are in fact the morons. We can all eat healthy neat, treated fairly decently, on a budget. We just need to get over our simpleton mindset when 2 for 1 stickers trigger us like a cat with catnip.

1 Like

Letā€™s face it we are in the territory now. All we need to do is start wailing about a moose and complaining about other people eating lobsters the wrong way to top off the hypocrisy :laughing:

Pretty much everyone is - definetly I am- a hypocrite on the topic so I guess thatā€™s how it is

How so? The ultimate guide to giving up and doing things in the worst possible way is just giving up and saying thats the way it is. not so unlike the environment or our china oppression. Imagine if people said that about hitler and the nazisā€¦not awesome results would ensue. There are LOTS of sustainable and morally treated meats available. The golden rule, they just have 1 bad day. But thats 99.9% better than a factory farm. So i dont call people that make a small effort to go that way a hypocrite. I call them diligent and trying hard :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really? You personally kill animals daily?

Yes. In agriculture, we will kill MANY animals daily. Our company is organic and no till, but we still kill thousands. Its one of the many costs of our bountiful supermarket shelves. And again, its worth spending effort doing it fast or not at all.

The moose are our friends!

1 Like

You. Personally. Kill animals. By your hand.

What does no till have to do with killing animals? And my apologies, I have no idea who you are or what you do. Just that your wording is curious to me.

No worries, i dont mind discussing it. its just reality. I just dislike torturing things. I just feel bad as this was a thread about saving a rodent, and i kill rodents all the time. Sometimes by hand, correct. Me, myself, also correct. I wont write how in this thread out of respect to the OP, but its instant, just seems brutalā€¦but its fast.

Tilling kills billions of animals. Mostly small ones but also rodents, rabits, birds, snakes, lizards etc. Quite a lot in fact! Pesticides and that kill trillions obviously, but not everyone sprays.

1 Like

Ah, well, so does scratching your arm. I thought you were a farmer that served up geese or summin.

I crunch voles under my boots and sleep soundly. :wink: