Carnegie's - Food & Service

Bobbie, I have to work until 8, so I won’t get there until nearly 9. Will I be able to get in?

Looking eagerly forward to this.[/quote]
Ditto. V is celebrating her birthday tomorrow too, so I imagine she’ll be dancing on the bar with sandman’s wife. :laughing:

Tigerman: You don’t really have to dress up but we do ask patrons not to wear shorts or flip flops. Grateful Dead T-shirts are perfectly acceptable attire.

Sandie: OK, we’ll let you in but only if you bring that delectable wife of yours…

Maoman: Happy Birthday to V. & look forward to seeing you tonight.

Everyone Else: We will [color=red]stop serving [/color]Brunch (or any other dishes) [color=red]at 3 p.m.[/color] today and will be [color=red]closed[/color] to the public [color=red]from 4 p.m.[/color] We will [color=red]re-open [/color]to the public [color=red]at 9 p.m.[/color] after the invitees have had their fill of absolutely free booze and food.

Cheers,

Bob

So you’re really going ahead with this without me?

Have a fantastic night, and all the very best on your burfday and always, Carnegies. You’ve brought some great cheer over the years!

HG

You see? You SEE? THIS is what I’ve been complaining about all along!
Here they are, here Lord Bobee is, lording it over his guests, who are ALREADY busy enjoying themselves at his expense, and what is he doing for the rest of us, stuck at our toils in the bowels of officialdom? Absolutely NOTHING! That’s what!
Instead of poncing about in the bar, what he SHOULD be doing is providing vicarious succour to us, his REAL acolytes, languishing! LANGUISHING! I tell you, while the ne’erdowells are wassailing and rejoicing.
It’s a fucking outrage. An OUTRAGE!

Wow!

Congratulations to Carnegie’s… if feets do the voting, Carnegie’s is definitely a well-loved establishment.

Good seeing all of you who I saw.

Wonderful time, again.

Serious, serious fun… :smiley:

Many thanks to all those who came out to celebrate our sixth anniversary last night! Special mention must go to Sandman’s delectable wife who in principle agreed to run away with me. Other notable Forumosans in attendance to whom I also extend my thanks for helping deplete the free booze are Buttercup, Ironman, Tigerman, Maoman, the chief, MJB, satelliteTV and the now no longer posting, Comrade Stalin. My apologies to those who have not been mentioned.

Oh yes, and a big thanks must go out to Fred Smith for deciding to go on holiday for a few days with his social workers.

Thanks a lot and I hope you all enjoyed yourselves.

Cheers,

Bob

Thank YOU, Bob. You ARE Carnegie’s as far as I’m concerned.

Yeah, that was a helluva party. My head still hurts.

Finally got around to trying the “curry out” last night. Wow!.. absolutely delicious. The vegetable korma, chicken mughlai korma, chicken madras and chicken biryani were spot on. The wife and friends thoroughly enjoyed it too. The naan wasn’t quite what we were expecting and reminded us more of tortilla, but went well enough with the curry anyway. Phoned in the order, no problems, went to pick it up 20 minutes later and it was ready and waiting. Very efficient. Thanks Carnegies for a really delicious meal. Expect regular orders from us from now on! Yum!

Yeah, my wife and I order the curry-out at least once a month. We always buy 3 or 4 curries, and find we can make it last 3 or 4 days. The curries “age” well too - they often taste even better after they’ve been sitting in the refrigerator for a few days! And they’re quite spicy, so they don’t spoil easily.

I used to eat in Carnegie’s regularly. But now I live in a damp mineshaft and it’s hard to get a taxi. But we were 'appy. Is it too early to go to the pub?

I ask this question most years…

Christmas is coming and the goose is getting fat. Or at least I will if Carnegies has Chrimbo dinner anytime soon. When is it gonna be on the menu again Bob? And for how long?

[quote=“Funk500”]I ask this question most years…

Christmas is coming and the goose is getting fat. Or at least I will if Carnegies has Chrimbo dinner anytime soon. When is it gonna be on the menu again Bob? And for how long?[/quote]

Crimbo Lunch will be available from December 17th to 25th inclusive. Thinking about a Turkey Club Sandwich for Boxing Day…

There is also Christmas dinner on the 24th.

Additionally we do have Turkey for take out with all the trimmings but please give three days notice for this.

Please call us or email below for further details and prices.

Cheers,

Bob

And for the vegetarians? Hmm?

…the trimmings. Costs more though as this is traditional Christmas fare which is part of an annual tradition predating vegetarianism; itself a relatively recently classified lifestyle choice and by extension not traditional. You could also popularize a Buddhist Festival and hold off until then, when the meat-eaters will be asking about non-veg options for the vegetarian traditional Buddhist festival meal etc.

Just a thought related to cakes, eating and having…

:wink:

Bob

I spent the best part of the afternoon at Carnegie’s today, and what a good decision that was. Excellent cuisine, good company (half a dozen Forumosans were there!), great service and booze. Is there any better way to spend a Friday afternoon? I don’t know if it was the Jack Daniels, the Newcastle, the Johnny Walker, the aquavit or the cider, but I am still pleasantly buzzed. Vanessa’s face was also reddened, but whether that was the effect of the alcohol or Taipei Bob’s shotgun salaciousness is up for dispute. :laughing:

Fantastic Christmas lunch on Friday! A massive quantity of delicious food along with a “couple” of aquavits and a glass of champagne. Turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, bread pudding, roasted potato, peas, carrots, brussels sprouts, boiled potato, gravy, pumpkin soup, Christmas pudding. WoW.

Thanks Bob, you made my Christmas.

So, jdspouse and I took our teachers to Carnegies on Sunday. Olivia treated us like kings and queens! I had the Bambi shank, there were some steaks and the filet mignon was bloody and absolutely perfect! yummers

There was one foul-up with the steaks, one being overcooked. We informed Olivia and she promptly replaced the entire meal!

I double dog dare you to find a place in Taipei that will do that with an apology AND a smile!

The creme brouhaha was great as well. We rolled out full and sleepy. If they are going to serve such meals as least there should be cots in the back so we could sleep it off.

Thanks again for a great meal and fantastic service!

Olivia is Da Man!