Carnegie's the "chat" thread

Anhe Road was maybe the prime bar hopping district at one time for people that didn’t want to go to the Combat Zone. It’s recently having a resurgence in the area but not on that exact street I don’t know if anyone here has noticed.

There are easily four or five speakeasies nearby and lots of pubs and whiskey bars and craft beer and cocktail bars and live music places and pizza places and sports bars.

1 Like

Their only issues were with the hotel upstairs who would call the EPA and make noise complaints. Apparently the music was putting the shaggers off their stroke.

Starter for ten: who can name the all time no. 1 Carnegie anthem?

30% better approx. Haven’t missed much.

1 Like

First couple of years Wednesday nights were fun. But it didn’t last. And then the prostitutes moved in…

1 Like

U know what is scarier? Obviously they have a certain success rate, or they would not keep hanging out there…

2 Likes

Go for it, how bad can it be? Just tell her she’s buying

It has only existed since 2001. Must not have had a very long heyday if it was longer than 15 years ago but less than 20.

Guanxi and triad connections help a bit.

So you missed the Forumosa Happy Hours?

1 Like

See those balding old guys and the mutton-dressed-as-lamb?

That’s the same people who were there 12-15 years ago.

1 Like

Damn, where is Bob when you need him?

1 Like

Hanging out with members of this forum in real life? Damn, that’s scary. If I wanted to hang out with a bunch of Trumpers I’d just move back to my hometown! :joy:

2 Likes

I’ve gathered that much. Even back then they’d have been in their 50’s, though!

2 Likes

Not really. It’s different, people behave actually and you learn how to ‘read’ their posts.

1 Like

Do these actually occur anymore?

Dropped in and remembered one other reason I’m usually inclined consciously and sub-consciously to sit at some other bar when in the area.

Literally, the bar itself with the barstools.

There is no ledge to slide legs under, maybe put and elbow on the bar, sit up and hold your drink or have a snack. The bar itself just has the small lip. It’s fine when standing, but sucks when sitting.

Dancing on top of the bar near midnight, it’s ok.

1 Like

Anyone who want to provide an update or how things are doing these days like Sunday afternoon today how is it???

1 Like

I imagine things were shaking in there—due to the earthquake, and not due to any intrinsic awesomeness. :neutral_face:

Guy

2 Likes

peels of laughter

2 Likes

Hey I heard they repaired or fixed or replaced the air conditioning for what that’s worth.

A new partner or old partner whatever is laundering money through there or something.

I don’t go because like others, I don’t want to be instagramed selling my body or buying a body.

Carnegie still has that old hooker bar reputation from 20 years ago and no one wants to be associated with it even today. They got to change the name.