Carnegie's the "chat" thread

Not if you have an over and under with both barrels set on open choke.
But the Scottish grouse may be a bit different from the N.A. variety, which eats seeds, moves in flocks and can be easily snuck upon, especially in windy weather.[/quote]
We’re talking a 20-mile day in thigh-deep heather, in a gale and driving rain, with a bearer carrying your matched pair of antique Purdey side-by-side hammerlocks. :wink:

Apparently I was here last night. Did you see me or did I see you?

I’m the handsome foreigner without a beer belly. Should be easy to finds.

1 Like
2 Likes

Wait, last night? Wasn’t Wednesday traditionally “Ladies Night”.

Were you unlucky?

Schrodinger’s foreigner. Exists only as a hypothetical wave function until observed.

1 Like

I woke up with a woman so I’m counting that as lucky.

1 Like

How about your kidneys? Did you know where you were?

I miss Bangkok :frowning:

“A woman” being your wife or gf = very fortunate and lucky.

“A woman” being someone you met last night…unlucky.

1 Like

tango woke up = lucky

tango didn’t wake up = unlucky

3 Likes

That sort of depends, doesn’t it?

Honestly though, were you really there last night on “ladies night” ?

Back in the day, wasn’t that the place to be? Long lines outside to get in on a Wednesday.

How was it? Still hopping?

hoping

More than mildly surprised that Carnegies is still a thing. Surely the COVID block on travelers must have put the final nail in the coffin?

What happened at Carnegie’s stays at Carnegie’s! Unless you met me and I happen to know your SO. :popcorn:

I thought Carnegie’s was going to close down…

I was only there if I was observed being there.

Otherwise I was there or not.

Carnegie has 37 threads here so hell`o I’m just picking this one. If that brass pole bartop could talk…

I don’t remember ever hearing about police raids happening at Carnegie’s. Have the cops ever come in there and shut everything down and checked IDs and such?

1 Like

And check for what? Underage girls? :rofl:

3 Likes

I don’t know about police raids, but the couple of times I’ve been there on a weekend it was a bunch of old white dudes and a small handful of women who all looked like they escaped from a retirement home for rejected prostitutes. It was like some hellish parallel-universe version of Bangkok. I’ve also gone there early-ish on a weeknight and had fairly decent bar food, mostly alone. I’ve never seen anything resembling just a regular fun night out with a cool mix of people and regular (under the age of 50 and relatively sane and attractive) women to talk to, though.

Am I missing something, or was it way better 12-15 years ago?

4 Likes

Or longer. Used to be popular and hang out and see all your friend but then all these other places come around and last 20 years like Xinyi District clubs and all the others.

Different kinds of expats and locals years ago.

At Carnegie’s, the scary grandma’s tapping on your shoulder asking if you want a date is really like from a science fiction movie or something.

This is the story I’ve been led to believe and I have seen a glimpse of it.