Carrefour chicken - Trust the label or my instincts?

Ah, the good old days when you could tell your chicken was fresh because it was still squawking when they gave it the chop.

1 Like

Pinky promise?

Wait wait wait, right?! How do restaurants manage their chicken? Throw it out in 3 days? Not.

I eat out a lot. And also see a lot of red bloody uncooked chicken served on a plate.

Most these places picked up their chicken that morning at some dirty outdoor butcher, so not enough to time to get old.

I love eating stuff that has photos of a smiling woman on it. I would like it better if she was holding a egg or a big knife, the wooden spoon gives little meaning.

1 Like

I wasn’t aware you were allowed to do that as an foreigner.

Jeez what else has he been sticking his finger in? I’m going to look more closely at the supermarket from now on…

1 Like

This whole thread is just so WASPy. Meat stinks. It is the carcass of a dead rotting animal, what do you expect it to smell like, a bouquet of roses? Our ancestors scavenged flesh off a carcass after it had been mauled by a superior predator to us. We are evolutionarily honed to be able to eat rotting stuff.*

*Source: pseudoscience I just made up right now.

You can trust it. I use it all the time up until the final date and I’m still standing.

That’s what spices are for, right?

3 Likes

If they wash it with water than there is a good chance that the water is treated with chlorine.