Cast your vote

Your preference for ROC President?

• Ma
  • Hsieh
  • Neither (I choose to spoil my vote)

0 voters

I saw another thread that dealt with “who do you think will win?”
Since the election starts within 24 hours, why not have our own election here

It’s too bad that there isn’t a way to mark your vote as an abstention. I know a lot of people spoil their votes on purpose, but those are counted as spoiled votes, which are viewed as “errors” and not conscious decisions to not vote for either candidate but still participate in the election.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abstention

[quote=“Maoman”]It’s too bad that there isn’t a way to mark your vote as an abstention. I know a lot of people spoil their votes on purpose, but those are counted as spoiled votes, which are viewed as “errors” and not conscious decisions to not vote for either candidate but still participate in the election.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abstention[/quote]
I voted neither because I don’t care.

If write-in candidates were allowed, we’d be looking at four more years with the Hello Kitty/Doraemon ticket.

Good poll, but er shouldn’t Hsieh be placed over Ma since Hsieh is #1 and Ma #2? Alphabetically, Hsieh should also come before Ma.

I set up multiple accounts and cast many votes.

I would have. But nobody paid me enough.

I paid people to vote for Ma.

Cheapskate

Why isn’t that nutjob Ke Tse Hai running for president? He’d get my vote. Entertainment value.

Ma has fewer strokes. Fewer letters in English, too. Plus, Zhuang Guorong says he’s a sissy, so the “ladies first” rule might have been applied.

[quote=“Maoman”]It’s too bad that there isn’t a way to mark your vote as an abstention. I know a lot of people spoil their votes on purpose, but those are counted as spoiled votes, which are viewed as “errors” and not conscious decisions to not vote for either candidate but still participate in the election.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abstention[/quote]So you think there should be a "none of the above " choice ? What happens when people vote for them and they win ?

I shook Ma’s hand once, so if he’s elected I can claim I’ve shaken hands with Taiwan’s president.

So he gets my vote.

[quote=“Chris”]I shook Ma’s hand once, so if he’s elected I can claim I’ve shaken hands with Taiwan’s president.

So he gets my vote.[/quote]
Me too. And he spoke to me. He said, “Where are you from?” It made me giggle like a schoolgirl.

Ma was at my wedding and I have lived with the Prince (or son of the president of Malawi) so even though I prefer Hsieh, it would be really cool to brag that the President, instead of a Mayor, attended my wedding!

I voted for the guy who can speak English and will deliver us from Tong yong pinyin. Plus he looks good.

I would abstain, save for the write in option, whereby I would either vote for myself, my dead dog, or my neighbor. Depending on my mood.

[quote=“Chris”]I shook Ma’s hand once, so if he’s elected I can claim I’ve shaken hands with Taiwan’s president.

I’ve slept with someone who has shaken hands with Ma. Does that count?

Well, in the sad case of the 1968 U.S. presidential election, President-elect Ringo Starr was robbed, robbed I tell you.

[quote=“cfimages”][quote=“Chris”]I shook Ma’s hand once, so if he’s elected I can claim I’ve shaken hands with Taiwan’s president.

I’ve slept with someone who has shaken hands with Ma. Does that count?[/quote]
Only if they didn’t wash their hand.