Cat rescue (Mojo) - was "URGENT translation needed!"

I know what this message says in principal, but I can’t work out the location.

Could someone translate the roads/bridges for me?

Thank you so much!

Sean

[quote]您好,

緊急

流浪小小貓

在建國高架橋上,由北往南,過民生東路後上橋不遠處,右側橋的水泥牆蹲上,有一隻黃色的小小貓趴在上面,動彈不得,約只有1-2個月大,行動很困難的樣子,好像受傷了,應該是有人故意丟在上面的,因車行速度很快,很難停車,請大家幫幫忙想辦法去搶救他吧,謝謝大家

謝謝

1/14 2:23PM

事發於2:00左右

請趕快.謝謝[/quote]

[color=green]Mod note: renamed from URGENT translation needed! Re: cat rescue; and moved from Learning Chinese. – DB Mod[/color]

I have to dash out now, so if someone could be a real saint and call me with the location, I would be eternally grateful: 0920 620 109.

Sean

Quick and dirty translation:

On the Jianguo Overpass, southbound; just past Minsheng East Road, not far after you get onto the bridge [presumably from the onramp south of the Jianguo-Minsheng intersection], on the cement wall on the right side of the bridge there is a yellow kitten who can’t move, about 2 months old. Seems like it has difficulty moving, apparently wounded. Perhaps someone deliberately threw him there: because of the high speed of the cars, it’s difficult to stop. Please, everyone, help find a way to rescue him. Thanks.

Got it! Thanks anyway!

Good news: he rescued the cat and is taking him to the vet!

Can we get an update on how the little guy does?

Mojo, as Carol, the woman who jumped out the car to grab the cat on the side of the express road, has called him, has no injuries. The reason he wasn’t moving was he was terrified, and his eyes were badly infected, leaving him unable to see where to go. He was on the kerb, sitting huddled.

Luckily, he is used to people and let Carol pick him up without getting too alarmed.

Mojo went straight to the vet and was checked over. The infection seems to have stemmed from some injuries inflicted by another cat (small but deep cuts). He is being fostered for a couple of weeks and then will come to the Alleycat’s Cat House at the AnimalsTaiwan holding centre, where he can run and play with our other kittens.

Many, many thanks for the help, especially from dragonbabe and Chris, whose directions were spot on and allowed us to make a speedy and well prepared rescue. :notworthy:

Pics will follow shortly, once I get home. :slight_smile:

Alleycats’s is sponsoring your cat house ? Hmmm… free pizza for life :homer:

Great work, StrayDog! :bravo:

Only if you’re a cat, silly.

Here’s Mojo:

And here’s one of our favourite cats, one who lost both his front legs to a gin trap but who was rescued, treated, and adopted by the vet:

Mojo will be available for rehoming in a couple of weeks. Thanks again for the help, guys.

Its a cute cat.
Glad to know it’s good now.

Glad the rescue with Mojo worked out!

Oh, I’m very curious to know how well this biped gets around, uses the litter, etc.:

Any word on how well it copes?

[color=green]Finally, I realize that initially posting it in LC was the fastest way to get an emergency translation – that’s fine – but now that you got it, I’m moving this back to Pets, since this is more a cat rescue thread than one about actually ‘learning’ Chinese. DB Mod[/color]

I’ve seen this biped cat get around. The vet/pet shop used to be just around the corner from me on Nan-Jing E. Rd. Sec 4 in Taipei, but just moved to Ba-De Rd. near Dong-Xing St. He kind of waddles a bit, and puts his neck low like a duck, but he does just fine. He gets up on the couch and is happy to hang there and doesn’t seem to shy around people from what I’ve seen.

He loves a gentle rub on the neck too!

Do you get depressed from time to time when you open the ‘Rescues & Adoptions’ site, as so many animals need and deserve a home and the supply is larger than the demand?

Time for some good news!

Mojo found a home :smiley: AND he was adopted along with Momo, whom he became best pals with while we were fostering him. :bravo:

Pics to follow

[quote=“onrust66”]Do you get depressed from time to time when you open the ‘Rescues & Adoptions’ site, as so many animals need and deserve a home and the supply is larger than the demand?

Time for some good news!

Mojo found a home :smiley: AND he was adopted along with Momo, whom he became best pals with while we were fostering him. :bravo:

Pics to follow[/quote]

Momo (far right) / Momo and friend / Momo’s lazy life / Mojo and co. / Mojo and our matriarch Tai Tai