Catching green iguanas

If that’s one thing that Taiwan could get right, it should be eating stuff.

I hear it 's a bugger to bone them properly, so it would be just like eating snake soup in the old days.

1 Like

Maybe someone could get Mcdonalds to offer it…

The Iguana McNugget?

1 Like

I’m sure they already do: tastes like chicken, they say…

That was a fun video and has only further piqued my interest in trying it. Cheers!

Put it through the McNugget pulveriser and you’re good.

Kenny Roi’s Kentucki Fried Lizzard Partes

Really hope all that meat did not go to waste.

That’s one huge iguana!

I feel a little sorry for these creatures… They should never have been taken as pets in the first place.
I wonder how many people adhere to the regulations and get permits as well as sterilize the females? Over 10,000 of them picked up this year in Taiwan the article above says. Imagine what the real numbers are including those who keep them as pets.

1 Like

Less than 1% most likely.

How many lost or dumped dogs are not chipped according to law? In 21 years, I’ve encountered zero. How many dogs have the required annual rabies shot according to law? How many people always have their dogs on a leash according to law?

Taiwanese do not follow rules, laws or standards of conduct simply because they don’t want to. The iguana issue is no different. Just you wait until the Burmese Python gets established here. Then we’ll have some problems.

1 Like

I have seen lots over the years; so many that I always thought they were native!

Magnificent animal.

:musical_score:I’m dreaming of a green Christmas… :musical_note:

1 Like

They are all over Changhua now supposedly.

Not to the cane toads though :zipper_mouth_face:

An interesing note. Government does go around doing rabies shots. Not sure if its free everywhere, but its free in some places. Blasted on loud speaker in various local languages by te village leaders.

Another note. Government is saying they will regulate many more exotic species imports now. Time will tell if their enforcement matches their vote pandering. So far still see lots of herps being imported. But its always been a crime ridden market here so laws likely wont do much without actual effort put into enforcing them.

My only hope for the green iguana situation is they just kill them fast and as painless as possible. Taping and torturing them just adds fuel to the fire of taiwanese appearing as psychopaths without empathy for non human animals. A quick knife job or violent twist, would at least make PETA~esque points less valid.

Last note. Burmese pythons arent a thing in taiwan. The few fairly qestionable claims are on kinmen…and are quite unlikely an established species here. Possible but seems incredibly unlikely.