Caught teaching at private school

I was teaching in Taipei at a bushiban for my ARC and at a private school simultaneously. A jealous teacher :fume: at the private school reported us to the police and I left the country before my ARC even got cancelled. This was July 2006. Can anyone tell me how long you get banned for or what I can do to find out if I am able to work in Taiwan again with an ARC. Txs, E

I doubt you are banned at all. She complained to the police, but that doesn’t make it so in the eyes of the law. You were never caught and they have to catch you or there is simply no case. They could however have some sort of flag system for this. I don’t know of any way to find out if you would be approved for an ARC, roll the dice.

Must agree with WhiteTiger, my dear friend Etienne. You were never caught, so your record is clear. Your Taiwan trade office would point out if there was a problem when you applied for a visa. And the Stormers suck ass!

Txs for the replies. The guys who were teaching with me are all unable to get ARC’s. Although the police did not literally catch us, the school had to provide them with our documentation and they were fined. SO, do you suggest I just apply for a job and see what happens?
txs,
Et
(check out the Stormers in 2009! :slight_smile:

If you are/have been investigated, good chances are you are flagged at the immigration office and possibly at the education bureau, too. Inquiring about it could be enough to get you flagged if you are not already flagged.Given that your co-workers were flagged, I can’t see why you wouldn’t be flagged, too.

Give it a try and see what happens. It seems to be your only option.

marboulette

Simply just “study Chinese”.

[quote=“etiennem”]SO, do you suggest I just apply for a job and see what happens?
[/quote]

No, I suggest you fall in love with and marry a hot local, and apply for a JFRV. :lick:

[quote=“Dragonbones”]
No, I suggest you fall in love with and marry a hot local, and apply for a JFRV. :lick:[/quote]

That’s a fabulously useful suggestion. Written that down, sonny?

You can say that again! :smiling_imp:

[quote=“etiennem”]Txs for the replies. The guys who were teaching with me are all unable to get ARC’s. Although the police did not literally catch us, the school had to provide them with our documentation and they were fined. SO, do you suggest I just apply for a job and see what happens?
txs,
Et[/quote]

Just apply and see what happens. Go ahead as if you’re not aware of any wrong doing. If you’re flagged they wont give you a visa. Wont know if you don’t try.

Don’t count on it. Watch the in 2009!

Txs for all the advice. I think I will give Korea a go, or Taiwan on a student visa. Txs especially to jimipresley for the pshyco-analysis - it really cut deep. How is life in Sanchong my friend? :slight_smile:

Why don’t you just apply for the visa and see what happens? I have no-one to watch Tri-nations and Currie cup with!!! Sanchong is rocking my friend. We still don’t have a McDonald’s nor KFC within a 10km radius. What more could you ask for?