Causes of death in Taiwan

Taipei, June 19 (CNA) Cancer remained the No. 1 cause of death in Taiwan for the 35th consecutive year, accounting for 27.7 percent of all deaths in 2016, the Ministry of Health and Welfare announced on Monday.

A total of 47,760 people died from malignant tumors in Taiwan last year, the ministry said. Taiwan has a population of about 23 million.

Lung, liver and colon cancers were the deadliest, according to data released by the ministry.

The next most common causes of death were heart disease, pneumonia, cerebrovascular disease, diabetes, accidents and chronic lower respiratory diseases.

Rounding out the top 10 causes, in descending order, were hypertension-related diseases, nephritis, nephritic syndrome and nephropathy, chronic liver disease and cirrhosis.

The rankings remained the same as the previous year, except for the No. 3 and No. 4 ailments which switched places.

The reason pneumonia rose to No. 3 is probably a severe cold spell in January that year, with snow falling in even urban areas, said Centers for Disease Control Deputy Director-General Chuang Jen-hsiang (莊人祥).

Ministry data showed that 12,212 people died of pneumonia, a 13.5 percent increase from 2015.

A total of 172,418 people died in Taiwan in 2016, 8,844 more than the previous year. That equates to 471 deaths per day, with a death every three minutes and three seconds – nine seconds less than in 2015, according to the ministry.

What do you think will kill you?

An ahma riding a motorbike.

6 Likes

An ahma riding a bicycle.

3 Likes

A coronary , trying to convince Brian jones that the Eu will fail :wink:love old hh really

Your death:

Your killer:

Yours:

Just by watching that vid I’m getting Vietnam flashbacks.

A missile from China…either that, or I’ll choke on a tea egg.

I analyzed your case and this is what the computer came up with:

1 Like

Um…or both.

Many years ago I tutored a grad student who had subbed his military service to work as a shlub in the Public Health office.
He told me the major causes of death in Taiwan were as reported above, very much in line with North America or other Western countries.

Except, he added for Wu Lai.
The leading cause of death in Wu Lai for many years had been homicide.
And I was, understandably, like, the fuck?
Why, I asked, were people in Wu Lai murdering the shit out of each other at such an alarming rate?
He laughed and said they weren’t, it was just that Wu Lai was the gangsters’ preferred location in which to dump the bodies of their victims…:eek:

2 Likes

Your last words:

- Ban that stupid Masala! Ban him! Ban him! Ban! aaaah! my heart! aaaargggggggggggggggh"

I wonder what’s @mad_masala’s cause of death.
One thing I know for sure: he’ll be buried with his “high value” DVDs…

2 Likes

Hey, I have a buyer already, I’m just giving people like you the chance to bid.