CD's in Taoyuan City

I’m looking for somewhere that has a decent selection of new CD’s in Taoyuan city. Mostly new British / American rock music.

The Rose records near the shin kong department store at Taipei main station has a lot but I’m looking for something closer to home.

I’ve checked out FNAC but they don’t have much especially newer stuff.

I can give you some places, but suspect you may already know about them. Not sure what you want. Also, consider mp3.

The far East and Tonlin department stores carry CDS. There are independent stores like the one on the corner of Zhong Zheng 中正 and Fu Xing 復興 road. Also consider the cd stores in Tesco and Carrefour. If you’ve already looked at these places, all department stores and hypermarts, you will likely have to go to Taipei or look online. Hope that helps.

If anyone else is interested, I checked out the basement of the FE21 department store last night. They have a really good selection of British rock / alternative music. From old 60’s/70’s stuff to newly released bands.

They’ve also got a few English books, sadly most of them are Charles Dickens and the like but there is a few new ones too.

[quote=“Mugatu”]If anyone else is interested, I checked out the basement of the FE21 department store last night. They have a really good selection of British rock / alternative music. From old 60’s/70’s stuff to newly released bands.

They’ve also got a few English books, sadly most of them are Charles Dickens and the like but there is a few new ones too.[/quote]

where is the FE21?

[quote=“truant”]
where is the FE21?[/quote]

Yeah, that might be useful.

If you are facing out from the train station in Taoyuan it is the big building on your right with a starbucks on the ground floor.

I don’t know if it’s your kind of music though, Truant, I didn’t see any Michael Bolton there yesterday. :smiley:

[quote=“Mugatu”]
I don’t know if it’s your kind of music though, Truant, I didn’t see any Michael Bolton there yesterday. :smiley:[/quote]

mate, I think that just crossed the line. :raspberry: