Cenomar for taiwanese citizenship application

Hi everyone, I really need some help and guidance. My father is Taiwanese and my mother is Filipino. My father wants to adopt me, however, one of the requirements is the CENOMAR of my mother, which unfortunately my mom is not able to provide, is there any way around this document? My father on his side is willing to do all the necessary paperwork. The only piece missing in my application is my Mother’s Certificate of No Marriage ( Cenomar).

Thank you so much,

To clarify.

Your parents were not married when you were born?
You were born in Taiwan?
How is the current marital status of your parents?

1 Like

Yes, my parents are not married, and I was not born in Taiwan. =D

I think you need a court order that tells you are a child of your father. Are you in Philippines now? LAF couldn’t help you?

Have you been to your Father’s household office?
If yes, at the moment CENOMAR was very important to obtain so that your Father can adopt you. If your mother can’t obtain CENOMAR …then she’s already married. As I know CENOMAR (singleness) are main requirement once you have it you must go to DFA in Manila to authenticate -> then you hire someone to translate your documents into Chinese then go to TECO for authentication. Once release by TECO you need to send this original documents to your Father then -> he need to go to household office to register your name that his adopting you.

The rules and regulation now was bit difficult though you can asked if DNA would be sufficient to support the document. I think way back 10 years ago they require DNA test for this kind of application.

Hi , I am currently in Taiwan, but I am leaving soon. Is the court order alternative for the CENOMAR? Thank you

Yes, my mom has a record of marriage that’s why I couldn’t obtain a CENOMAR :frowning: the dna and cenomar are both written down in the requirements list.

Hi there again :slight_smile: If I have the court order , will I still need the CENOMAR or not ? Thank you.

no. You cannot get the cenomar, so you need a court order, if I understand the system correctly. I think legal volunteers in LAF can tell you more precise info. Could your father visit them to get their advice?

Thank you again Sir :+1: so it means it is possible to proceed without the CENOMAR? My father is quite busy, so I will try to visit them on my own . Everyone that I spoke with said that I really need the CENOMAR,and to erase the marriage of my mom in the Philippines is the only way to proceed.

If you don’t mind me asking Sir, did you encounter the same problem that I am having right now? And the court order solve the CENOMAR issue? Somebody told me before they never encountered this issue.

is this possible?

Yes, but it takes alot of time, and it is very costly :frowning: so anything besides the CENOMAR is the most ideal.

If your mother was single at your birth and your taiwanese father recognized as your father legally in your country, you may not need your mother’s CENOMAR.

If there is someone who is legally recognized as your biological father in your country, I guess you first need to file to a court in your country to deny parent-child relationship of you and him. Then, you need to file to a court in Taiwan for recognition between you and your taiwanese father.

This is just my guess because I am not a lawyer, so I strongly recommend you to get some advice from legal professionals.

處理方式:
一、按民法第1063條規定:「妻之受胎,係在婚姻關係存續中者,推定其所生子女為婚生子女。(第1項)前項推定,夫妻之一方或子女能證明所生子女非為婚生子女者,得提起否認之訴。(第2項)
二、惟查涉外民事法律適用法業於99年5月26日修正公佈,自100年5月26日施行。為符合當前兩性平等之國際思潮,儘量承認子女婚生之立法趨勢,該法爰修正有關涉外民事案件子女取得婚生子女之規定,相關條文為47條(婚姻效力之準據法)、第51條(子女身分之準據法)、第52條(準正之準據法)第53條(非婚生子女認領之成立及效力之準據法)。前揭規定生效後,我國國人與外國人所生之子女,倘出生於生父母未結婚、生父生母結婚之前推算生母之受胎期間未在婚姻關係存續中,依上開規定適用外國法取得婚生子女身分者,辦理領務案件、在臺居留、定居及戶籍認領,依法理而言,似無須依我國民法婚生推定制度提交生母受胎期間無婚姻關係證明。
四、次查生母阮氏恆第1次婚姻2003年至2011年10月5日離婚,其子2012年3月25日出生,受胎為前次婚姻關係存續中,惟依上開處理原則:倘當事人自行舉證該子女已依該外國生母之國家法令取得婚生子女身分,提交外國政府核發載有該子女為婚生子女等文字之出生證明或法院判決確定書等文件,並經駐外館處驗證,其辦理出生、認領登記,無須提交生母受胎期間無婚姻狀況證明。
五、本案業依內政部101年4月9日台內戶第1010146094號函及桃園縣政府101.7.23桃民戶字第1010012514號函,辦理認領登記。
釋令依據
內政部101年4月9日台內戶第1010146094號函。
桃園縣政府101.7.23桃民戶字第1010012514號函。

未婚所生子女,子女與生母關係無須認領(民法第1065條2項),生父即須依法認領之(民法第1065條第1項);非婚生子女或其生母或其他法定代理人得以下列理由,請求法院裁判「確認子女與生父關係(認領之訴)」:(1)受胎期間生父與生母有同居之事實者。(2)由生父所作之文書可證明其為生父者。(3)生母為生父強制性交或略誘性交者。(4)生母因生父濫用權勢性交者。以上理由,非婚生子女自成年後二年間或生母及其他法定代理人自子女出生後七年間不行使而消滅(民法第1067條);但生母於受胎期間內,曾與他人通姦或為放蕩之生活者,不適用前條之規定(民法第1068條);認領之訴,由生父提起者,生母得否認之(民法第1066條)。