Challenges of intercultural marriages - ABC News

Mr Why (seated) selects a bride.

Or maybe you were thinking of a situation where the lucky lady tragically but conveniently loses her parents, grandparents, siblings, cat/dog, annoying best friend etc soon after you decide to marry her?

1 Like

2 Likes

I actually have found two orphans already. One was too fat and a little too crazy for my taste.
The other has a grandmother and doesn’t want to leave Taiwan until the grandmother dies. But the grandmother is very young, for a grandmother, and healthy. I just can’t live here for that long, maybe 20 more years.
So, I have to keep looking for a good orphan…

2 Likes

How did you find orphans?

I was just lucky in Tinder. But not lucky enough.

A fat orphan? I thought they were all waifs…

You could try Africa: lots of orphans and not so much, you know, chunkiness

2 Likes

Being fat can be solved. That was not the main issue.

Yes, I thought of going to Madagascar. My brother was there and he told me the families try that just take a girl and give her a better life. But I don’t want to learn french (again).

I will keep looking for my thin, pretty, young taiwanese orphan. I know she is there waiting for me.

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I went on a date once with a hijab-wearing Madagascan girl, a scientist of all things. The chemistry was there but I chickened out of getting involved with a muslim girl, which was pretty foolish looking back. She wasn’t an orphan but

traditionally you would have had to convert, so that seems like rather unappetising.

In many cases, yes, but in retrospect I shouldn’t have presumed. I could of asked. Later on I discovered that not all muslim women expect their husband to convert. And some, living in countries away from their families, are as open to dating/sex as Western women

Lacking in biology or physics?

1 Like

Well for all I knew she might have been a real expert in applied biology… so again the lesson is not to presume

1 Like

Then you have to move to Taiwan then, ha

1 Like

I’m lucky my wife’s parents speak only Indonesian and I speak zero so I never have to talk to them

And my wife tells her parents what to do as well as
Me so I’m all set

1 Like

Yes increasingly in Taiwan society seems more and more the husband marries into the wife’s family rather than the other way around

Wifey is Muslim so I don’t eat pork anymore but no way I’m fasting for Ramadan as she does

I’m affectionately called NGOK around the house

She calls me NGOK which apparently is what pigs say

I just call her baby

1 Like

WTF, @tommy525!?! No more bacon? No carnitas? No porkchops? What a cuck… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ok yeah I still have me some bacon but not at home

2 Likes

I bet she can smell it on you…

4 Likes

She’s your baby, you’re her babi

3 Likes